Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Inspirational Wednesday


Hello folks,
This week is a crazy week. My church is having a Giant Sale (it's a giant garage sale) and well I have been working there every day after school. So, I get to my school job at 7:30, leave at 4:00, go to the Giant Sale at 4:20, and leave there between 8:30 and 9:00pm. Needless to say, I have not been doing the workout. Which means, that have been really trying to eat less and a little more healthy than normal. Here was my issue with that!
At the Giant Sale, if you volenteer, they feed you! So, last night was chicken and rice with salad and bread. I had a piece of chicken and some salad (rice is not my favorite..unless it's fried!!!). I felt great about what I ate and felt it was a good amount. Well, let's roll on to 11pm. I can't sleep. I got in bed at 10am and am having a hard time falling asleep. Then all of a sudden...this hunger pain like no other comes upon me! I mean, it's the headache hunger...I think I am going to have to eat something...so I have two snack size Butterfingers. I lay back down and fall asleep shortly after. I was a little annoyed that I had to eat those Butterfingers, since I was trying to be good. But what are you going to do. It was the closest thing to a snack that I had!
Once again I'm going to say this...sometimes you are going to eat things that you should not! Sometimes you are going to eat enough food to feed a small army. Sometimes you are going to have a cookie sundae for dinner instead of real food (no, that is just me?). Sometimes you are going to eat when you aren't hungry because you decided to snack when you got off work...while you were making dinner, and sometimes you are going to go out to eat at 11pm! You have a few choices, you can feel guilty about every time you fail or do something that you aren't supposed to do. Which could then lead to a negative attitude about yourself, your life, or your ability to do anything. Or you can pick yourself back up, forgive yourself for whatever it is that you think you did wrong...and start again!
If you can learn to forgive yourself and move past it...you are going to be able to start again. Let's be honest, this goes for more than just food. How many times have you "failed" at something and been mad at yourself for years? When I was little, I used to lie. I would get caught and my parents would have me write sentences. "I will not lie". I would go beyond their punishment and punish myself by writing the sentence "I hate myself" or something along those dramatic lines. Then my parents would make me write the sentence "I love myself" over and over after I turned in the first two sets of sentences. So, if I could have just forgiven myself it would have been a lot less work. Learn to forgive!
Now, don't get me wrong...when you forgive yourself...that does not mean that you get to go out and do it again. You can't eat 3 gallons of ice cream, forgive yourself and then do it again the next night. If you eat the ice cream, forgive yourself and learn from the mistake. This forgiving thing works if you want to get better! I know that I should keep granola or dried fruit in my room, so that I can snack on that...instead of Butterfingers. Or that if I am not able to workout, I need to watch what I eat. Or if I eat too much, maybe I could try to workout extra...it's about balanace...not holding a grudge against yourself!
Say this out loud to yourself:
I'm not perfect! It's okay that I'm not perfect! However, I am going to try to be the best person that I can be! I deserve to be the best me, I can be! I deserve the best in life! I am allowed to do things for myself without feeling guilty! I can accomplish anything I put my mind too! I can do this!!!
Okay folks...peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment