Thursday, May 23, 2013

Inspirational Thursday- kind of...


So, yesterday an old friend of mine passed away. I am calling her an old friend, because we stopped working together about 2 years ago. She was kind of a sour person. Not all that nice, even to her friends. So, when I switched jobs...it wasn't hard to slowly stop talking to her. She had been sick her whole life. She had had multiple heart surgery's and was needing to lose weight before she could have another one. Last June, she just got hit with something. I'm not sure exactly what it was, but she has been in the hospital basically ever since. Last week she decided it was time to talk to her two kids because she was dying and she knew it! Then they pulled the plug on her yesterday and she passed away peacefully. She was a single mom who left behind 2 boys.

Here is the thing that always drove me nuts, from the time I met her and heard about her surgery's and needing to lose weight. I would invite her to the gym with me. In fact my friend Stacey and I joined the same gym and said...Sherry come join the gym with us. We don't workout together, but it's nice to walk by and say "I hate the gym" or something like that. She said no! She would ask for help to not eat something, but if we ever said "Let's boycott the dessert table at a party..." she would get mad at us. I am kind of mad at her! If she had lost the weight and gotten healthy, would she still be here with us today? I don't know! But I kind of think it would have been worth a shot!

People, I know eating healthy sucks and working out sucks, but if something is affecting your health, then you have change! There are deaths out there that I call a pointless death. Car accidents where someone is not wearing a seatbelt. Or a person dying because they smoked so much! Or an overdose. These are all things you can change yourself! That you can take into your own hands and fix! It's so frusterating when people just ignore things or do things that could hurt them!
I'm sorry that I'm ranting and raving today! I am normally a happy go lucky, eat desserts, and chill type of person! But that yesterday made me want to take a look at myself! If I had to change something for my health, could I do it? Would I do it? Don't make this mistake! Do what is needed to be a more healthy person for your siblings, spouse, kids, parents, friends...because we are the ones left behind wondering if we could have helped in some way! I'm not trying to be a grouch, and I know that God has a plan. But God also wants us to work hard and to cherish what he has given us and to honor the temple (or body) he gave us. So, let's do that!

One of my friends went to a workout session on Monday! On Tuesday and Wednesday she could barely walk. I of course laughed at her...having been there myself before. But I told her to embrace the pain! To enjoy the pain because she had worked her rear end off! She was using muscles she hadn't used in a while. The class sounded terrifying! But I was a little jealous because I have not felt that sore in a long time. Which means I have not worked out like that in a long time! But I want too! I want to get up and get moving! I don't want any future kids of mine being sad because they lost their patent at a young age. Heck fire, I don't want my kids to be sad because they lost their parent at an older age either! So, I'm going to do what I can for myself to not be that parent! I might pass away anyway, but I'm going to know it wasn't because I ate too much junk. Or because I did not excercise enough! I don't want my death to be a pointless one!

Sorry that this was such a downer email...

No comments:

Post a Comment