Thursday, May 16, 2013

Old Friends, New Friends...love it!

Sometimes you meet people and everything about that meeting is perfect!  You hit it off from the start!  You are just amazing friends and it's all great!  Sometimes you meet people and the timing is not right.  You aren't the right age, you aren't the right person yet.  If things work how they are supposed too...when you meet up with that person again...the time is right and you can be amazing friends!  Sometimes, the first meeting is really bad...and it might never workout for you all to be friends...but hopefully that doesn't happen to you too often!

I'm talking about this because we have our future 6th graders taking a tour of the school today.  And these kids could be meeting brand new people who will be their best friends or maybe not be their friends until later in life.  But it's so fun to watch these kids and wonder...what is their life going to be!

When I worked at Sea World!  There was a group that I just fit into automatically!  It was the first time in my life where I felt like I truly belonged!  I was 24 at the time.  I felt like these people liked me so much and always wanted to hang out with me.  After 24 years of always feeling on the outside, this was amazing!  I loved those people and continue to at least facebook them...since I can't see them very often!

I remember when I first saw Emily, who is now one of my close friends!  Everyone I talked too said she was so nice and so talented.  We never had a chance to meet because our paths never really crossed.  The bad thing was that one of my best friends at the time liked the guy that liked her.  So, it put a bad taste in my mouth about her.  Only because I was trying to be a good friend.  Anyway, we met again 5 years later...and the timing was just right!  We now talk just about every day...and get together at least once a month!  Our lives took similar paths...and we can lean on each other for things that not many of our friends know about.

I have another friend Suzanne.  When we first met she was the lead in a musical...and I was orphan number 85, I was also 10 to her 12.  We met again in High School, but she was a shark and I was a jet.  Not exactly an opportunity to hang out and get to know each other.  And I was kind of a goof ball!  We met again when I was 26...and we hit it off!  And I love that girl!

Now, I have met this gal Jenny!  She and I went to high school together.  We did not run in the same crowd, and I always felt that no one knew who I was.  So, I didn't really bother to get to know anyone.  I would say that is a bad way to be.  I don't recommend it!  Anyway, she is now my co-worker and is changing schools next year!  I'm going to miss her, but I hope that we can stay friends!  She is really an amazing person.  And...I sent her the blog address today...hopefully she starts at the beginning...hee hee hee!

Then we have my sisters, who I never really fell out of touch with or anything like that...but as we grow older things change and our personalities change and become more amazing!  It is an adjustment...but one that is fabtastic!  I love getting together with all of my sisters to see what is new and how our chemistry has changed over the last few months!  So great!  I can't wait until June!  Megan...hurry up and get here!

I guess my final thought is always be nice to people.  Even if they aren't your favorite person at the moment.  You never know where life will take you!  You never know who God is going to put in your path of for what reason they are there!  If you have had a bad first impression, don't be afraid to be the bigger person and apologize so that you all can start on a new foot.  As I tell my middle school kids, there are always going to be people you don't like.  Or that don't like you.  You just do what you can to be a happy person and to get along with everyone.  And then maybe avoid the people who are icky!  Peace out for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment