Friday, May 10, 2013

A small rant!

Can we talk about fair for just a second?   I hate when things aren't fair!  I guess I should explain what I mean when I say fair...because we have all the term "Life is not fair" from our folks, friends, co-workers.  So, when I say I want things to be fair, I don't really mean that.  I know there are some things in life that just won't be "fair".  For example last night we were having a talk about maternity leave.  Is it fair that a woman who is having a baby gets to go on Maternity leave and I don't because I'm not having a baby?  I think that is fair...because why should I get to go on vacation for 6 weeks just to go!  It's not as if a new mom is just living the life- going to Europe!  They aren't sleeping, they have a baby who is crying and if you are a new mom...it might be overwhelming!  I mean they have a baby for crying out loud!  When the 6 weeks is over they have to decide if they go back to work or stay home!  And on top of that...it's not as if they get 6 weeks every year!  They get it once, and they have to work really hard for 9 months and then really really hard for who knows how long before they get this maternity leave prize.  If you are complaining about that...then you need to get a life!

I'm talking about the kind of fair where someone or a group always does something...but if it serves them...they will change up the rules!  Let me think of an example, without incriminating myself...all of my examples are sounding lame and they don't make sense.  In my district you can transfer from school to school.  Everything has to be approved, but it's kind of an unknown rule that says, if you want to transfer you can!  Right now, they are stopping transfers for a certain grade because they don't want to hire another teacher.  And that is where the unfair thing comes in.  My thoughts are, don't let anyone transfer (unless for very special reasons) and we won't have this issue!  I could easily say It is hard to get transferred to another school.  I'm so sorry.  Instead right now I have to say, I'm sorry I don't know what to tell you.  I don't know why they aren't transferring your student...or I understand that they transferred your older student but not your younger one.

Yesterday I decided to send any calls about transfers over too the person who is in charge of the transfers.  They would have more information than I will.  They will also know the type of phone calls we get when the transfers are taking a long time.  It's a win win for me!  Okay, I'm over it!

The other thing I want to talk about is Rice Crispy Treats!  They are just amazing!  I'm talking about the homemade ones...I mean...just yummy!  I want to eat the entire pan!

Tonight I get to go Worlds of Fun!  I'm so excited and hope to have a few pics!  I really should get better at taking pics...and then posting them!  Maybe I will try to make that a habit!

Alright, I'm a little tired of ranting and my rice crispy treat is gone...I'm peacing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment