Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Irrational Fears

Okay, last night on my way home from the Giant Sale at my church, I started thinking about walking my dog at my new apartment.  Right now, I walk up the street of my parents neighborhood.  It's a street they have lived on since I was 10.  So, it's not scary!  Actually, I can scare myself anywhere, but it's a safe street, no matter what my mind tells me.  So, I'm thinking about walking Chandler, and I don't know where I'm going to walk him, or how I will feel when I walk him...and then I thought what if I'm kidnapped...then I started thinking about what if soemone in my family was kidnapped...and then I thought about all of the kids who are kidnapped when they are little and then found again when they are like 20...

As you can see...my fears were running a little wild.  I wish I could say that this was something new for me...but it's not.  I have these type of fears all the time.  They don't stop me from doing anything...but they do  make me create escape plans from where ever I am.  They also make me stay so alert...that even when an old man in my neighborhood is running in the morning, I prepare myself to be attacked.  Can we say crazy?!?!?!

Does anyone else have these thoughts?  I have these thoughts about Chandler going missing, getting out and running, or being taken!!!  And he is just a dog!  I think, should I have him micro-chipped?  At least that way I can find him!  I have gotten the call a few times that says "Your dog is at 115th and Greenwood, he must have gotten out"!  It's a scary things...and once again...he is just a dog!  If I let myself get carried away I could go nuts about my nephews and niece!  I probably watch too much Criminal minds....but for real parents...does that fear ever go away?  Do "normal" people even have this fear?  Or does it become a second nature feeling that is always with you and makes you more aware of your surroundings and where your kids are!?!?!

Oh man...I need to start thinking about something else...

It's supposed to snow tomorrow.  The only thing that makes that okay...is if we can have a snow day on Friday.  I'm thinking with 2, 80 degree days and a 70 degree day...a snow day is not going to happen!  So, therefore this snow should not happen!  It would be awesome though...I'm just saying!

Today, I'm going to start writing a Christmas play for my church Christmas Program!  It was keeping me awake last night...so I need to get it out of my head!  I'm off to write...about wonderful things like Jesus being born!

No comments:

Post a Comment