Monday, May 13, 2013

Miller Marley's 50th Celebration

This weekend my Dance Studio celebrated it's 50th year in business!  We had a wonderful formal event with a sit down dinner and an amazing show!  It was such a perfect night...it went better than anyone could have anticipated!  You can picture an event, but you can't picture the energy the room is going to have!  And this room was filled with the most amazing energy!  There were only a few things that would have made this night better.  They are...if my sister, brother-in-law, and Curt could have been there.  It would have been absolutely perfect!

All of the troupes at my studio performed!  Kids ranging in age from 5-18!  There are okay dancers and amazing dancers!  It's just so much fun to see them perform with all of the love of dance shining on their faces!  It was also fun, because a few (cough- 13 years ago) that was me!  And they have their whole lives in front of them to dream and become whatever they want!  It was just cool!  Then there were Alumni performers who have performed on Broadway, in the Rockettes, and in Professional gigs all over the world!  They were obviously amazing!!!  I wasn't sure whether or not to hate them for their talent or to be in awe!

Most of the people who performed were within 5 years of me age wise.  And I think...well...that is who I group up around.  I mean...who grows up with 10 kids and 8 of them performed on Broadway?  That is just crazy!  I once remember someone telling me that was a great performer.  I said thank you but walked away confused...because everyone that I grew up with performed like I did...or better than I did!  Ha ha ha!  It really is amazing!  Sometimes I look back and think...I wish I would taken dance or singing more seriously.  But I didn't!  It wasn't what I loved to do!  I loved to perform!  And Saturday was just an amazing night watching all of these people who also love to perform...and it's all because of one woman!  Shirley Marley!

So much talent and so much heart all wrapped up in one woman!  It's just amazing!  On person put it perfectly...they said "Shirley you will never know the number of people you have reached.  It doesn't just stop with the kids you actually taught.  But it goes on to who your students teach, and who they teach and who they teach!"  And that is true!  I choreograph now and the kids who I teach dances too are learning what I learned from my studio!  She is just amazing!

Okay, that is all I'm going to say about Saturday!  Megan, we all missed you and said all night...darn it, we should have figured out a way to get you here!  But I don't think anyone expected the night to go how it went!  Can't wait until you come in next month!!!



Here is my one picture that I have right now!  Here I am with a very talented high school-er  Lauren.  Thanks to her mom who sent me this picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment