Monday, May 6, 2013

Um...is it time to worry? Nah!

I'm moving into my new apartment in less than a month!  I am finding a few things hard...

1.  It still seems far away in my mind.  That is probably because my mind has not even comprehended the fact that it's May already!  It's not even May 1st any more...it's May 6th already!  I know in advance that this week is going to fly...and then it will be the middle of May!  Boy time sure is flying!

2.  It is hard to plan how to decorate with a non-existent budget and less knowledge of what the space is going to look like!  I mean, I have seen pictures of what the apartment looks like, but those aren't even accurate.  I have also looked at an apartment that was like ours...but it was the same one from the pics.  The floors are all wood...and our apartment won't be that way!  Plus, Curt has said I have a table...but I can't picture exactly what the table looks like...so overall I'm having a hard time getting ready to go!

3.  The one thing that I keep thinking about is the Laundry Room!  It's more of a closet with a washer on one end and the dryer on the other!  I want to put some shelving up or a cabinet...but we aren't sure if we are allowed to do that or if there is even room.  So, we will have to wait until we move in for that little party!

I am very excited to be moving in with Curt!  It has been nice as well, because he is also very excited!  Of course that is nice, but he is not always one to share what he is feeling..so it has been nice to hear him say "I can't wait to move in with you" and other sweet things like that!  Now, if I can just get motivated to do something!  I guess I keep waiting for a free weekend, but that weekend does not exhist in my book!  I need to actually schedule a time when I will sit down and start packing!  You know?  Or to sit down and see what my parents have in their basement, that I can have.  That type of stuff is what I'm looking for now!  Or should be looking for.  Ha haha!  I did buy a banana bread pan at the Giant Sale!!!  I don't have anything to make the break with...but I have the actual pan!

Oh my goodness, you know what I just thought about?  We don't have anything food wise...I mean...I knew we didn't have pans or bowls or dishes or utensils...but we have no food!  We have nothing, no flour, no sugar...no cans of green beans.  People, I need to do a food drive for myself!  Maybe I can have a house warming party where everyone brings a can of something!  Oh dear...I have forgotten that when you move in you have nothing...(deep breaths...) okay, so I'm not as nervous as I sound, it was just weird to think about! I won't go crazy buying everything in the store...I will wait until I need something then go out and buy it!

Okay, that is enough complaining, venting, worrying, for today!  Let's just get excited that it's May 6th, the sun should be out today, and it's supposed to be 70!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment