Friday, April 5, 2013

Oh this week...

Happy Friday Folks!!!

So, as you know this week I started a workout group!  It's very exciting because I have added 3 people that I don't know!!!  Before you start thinking that I'm a really cool person (I'm serious stop that thought right now...) they are in a bible study with my sister.  Her bible study happens to be about losing weight!!!  So, it really helped my email list!  Ha ha ha.

I would also like to welcome my sister Megan to this blog!  Not that she is going to say anything or anything (unless you want to Megan...) but she is now reading it!  So, hello Megan!!!  I also had a guy I didn't know write a comment!  I was so excited when I read that!!!  So, Hello Mark (I'm not sure if you are reading still), thank you for your comment!  It meant a lot to me!

I have to make a confession!  I wasn't going to tell you guys, but now I feel as if I need too!  I was talking to Curt on Tuesday and he told me that he googled my name!  He said he was missing me in the wee early hours of the morning and started looking me up.  He looked at my MySpace (did not know it was still up...have not touched that since 2007), all of my Facebook pics, and then he told me that he looked at my Pinterest boards!!!  Um....what?  I'm not sure why...but that freaked me out!  He said he looked at my wedding one and loved everything that I had pinned.  I said, well thank goodness that you couldn't see the hidden wedding board I pinned.  I would have looked like a crazy wedding obsessed person (lucky for me, he knows that I'm wedding obsessed!!!).  The he said, I like the pic that you are going to leave on my night stand the day before our wedding.  Well folks lets be honest, I have pinning to this board for a few years now...and I don't remember every single pin that I pin.  (Sidebar: I pinned a pin that says "Sometimes I have a freak out moment on trying to remember if I pinned something.  Is it awesome enough to pin again if I did pin it?  Or do I risk not pinning it, then being mad because I can no longer find it- so funny and so true).  So, here is where my confession comes in.  I went and looked at my wedding board.  I said last week or a few weeks ago that I was cutting it out and not looking at anything wedding related.  But it was driving me nuts.  I had to know what pic I was going to leave for him!  Well, I found it...and then quickly got out of the wedding board!  So, that is all I have to say about that!

Last night I went to small group.  We are discussing Grief for the next 4-5 meetings.  It should be a really fun time.  Tyler (head group guy) said how do you deal with grief...well folks, I make jokes.  I make the people around me laugh and feel better.  Then I feel better, because while an event is sad...that sadness can crush you!  And for me...nothing is worse than a crushing sadness.  So, I make jokes and make light of the situation.  I am tasteful about it...but let me show you what I mean.

I talked about my experience with loss.  My exes mom, my marriage, My Grandfather...I was tearing up with all of those.  Then I started talking about Chandler (who is not dead) and I started bawling.  Someone earlier in the evening asked does grief and mourning have to be for a person.  So, I'm sitting here crying about how sad I will be when Chan Chan (my dog) dies.  And I stop and say...why am I even talking about this...he is not dead.  The same thing happened later in the evening when I was talking about a loss of innocence (I said there was a loss of innocence when my dad has his heart attack.  It became too real that my parents were going to eventually pass...as can anyone that I love) Anyway, once again I'm crying about my dad and his heart attack, and the gals are all crying with me and I stop myself saying...why am I crying about this...my dad is alive and well!  It made all of the gals laugh!  There have been plenty of "the next time I get married" jokes as well!  My point is...I make jokes when I feel sad or uncomfortable...it's what I do.  Make the people around me laugh!  For the record, it was funny last night...it might not be as funny today.  Oh well...that is just how it is!

This weekend, is Wolverine Night at my school (middle school mixer), then tomorrow I'm going to the Roller Derby, then on Sunday is a Baby Shower for my cousin's baby!!!  I also got an app on my phone for blogging...so I can blog on the weekends!!!  How fun for me...and you!  But really for me!  Okay, I'm out for today folks...peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment