Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Inspirational Wednesday


Happy Wednesday folks!!!
So, last night I went home and got into my flannel pants and did nothing all night long! I think every now and then a gal (or guy) is entitled to a night of relaxation and eating ice cream! So, that is what I did! I did not feel guilty! I did not feel anything other than happiness at my relaxing evening!
After my email yesterday, a few people told me that I made them feel guilty. They felt that it was there fault that I did not do the daily workout on Monday. Folks, let's talk about this for a minute. Every person is in charge of their own life. If instead of working out I was supposed to go get ice cream, I would not have let anyone stop me from doing that...so if I let people stop me from working out...that is no one's fault but my own!

We have to stop the excuses! I did not work out because I was doing this...or because they wouldn't let me...or because blah blah...I mean I can think of so many reasons why I shouldn't work out. I don't really enjoy working out! I don't like feeling exhausted, or hot, or sweaty, or anything that comes with working out. But I love the feeling of being done! I love the effect that working out has on me! I love being proud of myself! I love knowing that I did something great for myself...even when I didn't want too. If I'm honest with myself, I do enjoy some forms of workout. Like dance class or Zumba or swimming! Anyway, I can talk myself out of working out every day! You have read my emails, you see how I talk when I'm walking Chandler! If I end up talking myself out of it...then there is no one to blame but myself. When you really want something, there is nothing that can stop you from doing it! This is somthing that I want! I want to wear my pants again! I want to look in the mirror and be happy with what I have accomplished! If I want it...then I will do it!

So, this morning...I got up and I went downstairs and ran! This week you run 3min then walk 2 min. It was rough! But I did it! The last few minutes of the run I had to take at a lower speed...but I'm okay with that! The very last minute was a countdown- I was litterally saying only 60 more seconds. Only 30 more seconds. 15 more seconds, 10, 9, 8, 7...you get the picture. It wasn't easy, but it's done! I did not get up early enough to do the daily workout, but I feel that that is easier to do at any time. It's the run that I dread! But I did it! And I'm happy! And now I feel a little more awake! I'm walking with a little more pep because I did it! Don't let the thought of working out detour you...don't let the excuses turn you away from doing something that is so good for you! Don't start next week, don't start, tomorrow...Start right now! If you are at work, make healthier choices! If you have the chance to take the stairs, do it! Workout for yourself!!! You can do it! You can stick with it! I know some of you out there have already lost weight and are working hard to lose more! You all can do it! You are not hopeless, you are not reaching for something so out of reach...you can do this!!! I believe that you can and you should believe it as well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment