Monday, April 29, 2013

Inspirational Monday


Hello Workout Folks,

I'm so sorry for last week! I feel terrible that I did not write you 2 of the days! So, for that I apologize! Saturday I was on a field trip with the Choir, Band, and Strings from my middle school. We got to the school at 4am and were gone until 11:30pm. I was in charge of a bus and we communicated with the other busses via text. So, I had to save my phone (and therefore no emails were written). Anyway, I'm ready for this week!!!

So, last week I think I broke every rule or saying I have been giving to you! I said don't wait til tomorrow to start, start right now. Well, the second half of the week and weekend, I kept saying "Starting Monday I will...". Here is what I was thinking though...there are those people out there who try to motivate you and to get you moving. And in your heart you want to be able to have that motivation, but right now all you want to do is punch them in their cheery "we can do this" face! Well, folks...no one has to punch me in the face! Because I can't even follow my own rules/motivations! Here is the truth, we all struggle! I am not perfect! No one is! It's not easy for me to eat healthy! It's not easy for me to lose weight! It's not easy for me to workout!

Here is the good news and truth, with these emails, I tend to work harder than I did before I sent them out. I'm more aware of my eating than I was before! I'm trying and for me...for the first four weeks I was okay with that. But now we are in the last 6 weeks, I'm ready to really try! But 6 weeks still seems like plenty of time, so I have a goal within a goal. In 2 weeks, my dance studio is having a formal 50th Anniversary Party! I'm getting my hair done this Saturday and my nails done next Saturday...so why not see what healthy eating habits and working out can do for me in 2 weeks!

Sometimes, when we have a goal like 10 weeks, that is just too long to wait! If you are like me, you procrastinate...a lot!!! So, pick a date that is sooner! If 2 weeks is too long...do only a week! Or heck fire, do 3 days! The point is to do something! Believe in yourself to be able to set a goal and reach that goal! I am pretty sure that each of you has done something more difficult than this 10 week workout! Think of something that made you feel strong. That made you feel great about yourself! For me, it was getting out of a bad relationship! I up and left! And that was hard! Or maybe it's losing someone close to you! I know that a lot of you have had kids or raised kids! Compared to these things, this 10 week plan should be easy!

You can do anything! You can accomplish anything that you put your mind too! You can do things that will make you a healthier, happier person! You just have to put in the effort!!! You have to want it! No one can do it for you! I can barely do it for myself...but I want to try! I want to push myself and see if I can meet a goal for myself! I want to prove it to myself, that I'm a strong person. That I can do anything once I put my mind to it! Everyone, let's start week 5 by saying this to yourself...I have done things like this before...and I'm pretty sure you did not say it out loud! I can't even be sure you said it to yourself! But say this....right now!

I'm worthy of doing something for myself! I can do anything I put my mind too! I can accomplish anything I want! I am doing this for myself and only for myself! I love myself!!!

Say this to yourself and pretty soon you will start to believe it! Email you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment