Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Friends...

Folks, I have nothing to really report on today.  How lame is that?  I mean, my life seems a bit slow today!  So, I'm going to sit for a moment to think about what I could possibly write...

Thinking...
Thinking...
Thinking...

Okay, so a few weeks ago Curt says to me "When the Bachelor is not on, it's like you have no friends".  He was joking around with me, but it hurt my feelings.  When the TV show Bachelor or Bachelorette is on my friends and I get together every Monday to watch the show.  Sometimes there are a lot of us...and sometimes there only my and my friend Emily!  But he is correct...when the Bachelor is over...we don't try as hard to get together.  It's not that we don't care or that we don't like each other.  We just don't seem to make the time to just hang out like we do when the Bachelor is on.

So, this annoyed me.  I was more annoyed at Curt for saying things that are true...but that is besides the point.  So, last week I did something about it!  I went out to dinner with my friend, went to a baby shower and saw all of my friends, and then went out to dinner with my girlfriends!!!  That is 3-points for Amy with Friends and 0 points for No Friends Amy!  Yay me!

Here is the thing, everyone has their own lives.  And for the most part I assume that everyone is super busy with their own life to hang out with me.  And some days I don't want to hang with people.  I just want to go home and be super lazy.  The other thing is...is that I can't always go out to eat.  It starts getting pricey.  I loved dinner on Saturday and it was so yummy...but it was $25.  And that will start to add up!  The other hard thing for me, is that I live at home with my folks.  So, I can't just invite friends over.  So, a goal of mine will be...when I get my own place to invite people over so that we are not always spending money!

Okay, that is all for today!

1 comment:

  1. Hanging with your friends is important...and you entertaining at your new place will be great! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete