Thursday, April 18, 2013

Inspirational Thursday!!!


Alright folks,
I have decided that this week is not my week! Okay, so that seems a wee bit dramatic, I can totally rephrase that. This week is not my workout week! I don't think there has been a day when I have done both the run and the daily workout. You know what the good news is? I am not really all that mad at myself.
This week, I have taken a different approach for myself. The approach is watch what you eat and only eat when you are hungry. Oh my goodness, I think this is something breakthrough!!! I think I should get a prize for coming up with something...that I'm pretty sure every has known for ages, but we just tend to ignore. I especially ignore it when there is dessert sitting out!

Okay, so my first week I was a bad eater and a bad workouter. Week 2 I was a bad eater but a really good workouter. And this week, week 3 I'm a good eater and a fair workouter. (For those of you having a hard time with the word "workouter", I know it's not a real word...but I like it)! After summng up my weeks, I'm okay with my progress! Do I wish that I was a great eater and great at working out from Day 1? Heck yes, I do! But that is not realistic! In reality you do better at one thing than another...you have to work to be great at stuff! You have to work hard to change and work hard to not be a brat!

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day. She mentioned that she turns SUPER stubborn when someone tells her what to do and she doesn't want to do it. So, for example, she needs to eat healthier. But she doesn't want too, because she loves her food! Or she needs to excercie more, but she dosen't want too because she doesn't want too. I wanted to tell her that her inner brat was crazy bratty! But I totally get it! There are times when my inner brat is screaming for ice cream. I feel as if I could throw up because I ate so much dinner, but do I get the ice cream? Yes, I do! There are times when I "HAVE" to buy a shirt or dress...I know that I don't need one, but my inner brat says "I NEED ONE". That inner brat can sometimes get out of control!!! I instead told her that she needs to figure out a way to trick her mind into thinking that the eating healthy and working out or whatever it is...is her idea!

The point is, we can all do things that our inner brats don't want us to do! If we skip working out, when summer comes we don't feel any better about ourselves and then we eat more. Making our inner brat happy! It's your inner brat that tells you you don't deserve things, or that you are not pretty enough...So do the best thing that you can for yourself. Shut that inner brat up!!! I have to tell my inner brat multiple times a day to Shut it! You are worth everything that you have more! YOu deserve the whole world on a platter!! You deserve to be the best you that you can be! You are able to lose weight! You are able to eat healthy! You are able to do anything that you put your mind too! Don't you ever forget that! Don't you for one moment let anyone (real or inner brat) take that away from you! Don't you ever doubt that you are less than one of the best people on this Earth! Prove that now...to yourself! To others! To your inner brat! I known when someone tells me that I can't do something...I work even harder to prove them wrong! So, lets do just that!!! Let's prove them wrong!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment