Friday, April 26, 2013

Inspirational Friday


Hello Workout Group,
I'm sorry for the lack of email yesterday! I was feeling a bit under the weather! So, needless to say that I did not workout! Which I'm slightly sad about, but I am trying to move on and get back on track!

Last night as I was fixing my dinner, I had a realization! I had been a little sad earlier yesterday after stepping on the scale and not being a lower weight than I was. I know, I know, it's not always about the scale. But, then I realized last night...that I sometimes lie to myself about what I'm eating. For example, if I look back on my Thursday eating, I would say that I didn't eat all that much. Where the lie comes in...is in what I eat! I had a small bowl of cereal. Banana bread with a lot of butter, 5 cookies, a big bowl of pasta with alfredo sauce, and then an ice cream sunday with a cookie on the bottom. And the Wednesday night, I felt a little sick so I only ate peanut butter crackers, but for lunch I ate a 1/2lb cheese burger with fries! Then I ate a fance cupcake!

If you are annoyed that this workout thing isn't working. And you want to quit because it doesn't work. Take a look at a few things. How hard are you working out? Are you really doing as much as you can? Are you really working as hard as you can? Would you be working harder if a personal trainer was standing there next to you? The next thing to do is to look at what you are eating! Are you eating as healthy as you can? What I think of as a meal and what the actual meal size should be are two totally different things! Are you snacking in between the meals? Are the snacks healthy or are they candy bars?

Most people, if they put their minds to it, can lose weight! Sometimes people tend to cheat without even realizing they are cheating (hence my not really watching what I'm eating). So, we are almost at the half way mark, and for the last 5 weeks, I want to go in with my eyes wide open. With no false impressions of how hard I'm working or not working. I want to see what I'm actually eating and not pretend I'm doing a good job...when I'm actually not!

There is one gal, in this group who has gone into this workout like a true champ! She has lost weight! She put on a pair of pants that she hasn't worn in years!!! She is living proof that if you put the effort into it...then you will see results!!!

So people, let's do this!!! For the last 5 weeks of this program! Let's take off the blinders to how much we are eating and take off the blinders to our workouts!!! Let's see how much we can lose and tone in just 5 weeks! Wouldn't it be awesome to go into the month of June feeling healthy, looking healthy, and enjoying healthy habits? It will mean sacrifice! It will mean hard work, it will mean telling that inner brat to shut their loud, obnoxious, mouths! It will sacrificing when we won't want too! But, it will mean that we did it! That we can do it! That we were able to overcome one of the hardest things to do! Lose Weight!!! I know that it's hard to do! I know that by myself I'm not sure if I can do it! I also know that with this group, we are all trying to do the same thing. Reach the same goal! And with this group, I have no doubt that we can rock this out!!!

2 more days until the second half! Make today better than yesterday! Make this next meal better than the one before it! Write in, to everyone or just to me! Or to another person on the list...if you want too! Make yourself accountable to others! Here we go!!! Let's rock the last few days out of week 4!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment