Thursday, April 11, 2013

I might be a little weird...and by a little I mean a lot!

So, my school has some back stairwells.  They remind me of stairwells that you see in parking garages or hotels.  I realized that every time I go on these back stairs I feel like I'm in a movie.  I normally start off normal (like they are normal stairs) then all of sudden I start trying to see how quite I can be.  As if someone has just entered the stairwell looking for me.  My mind usually transforms into some crazy action packed movie with guns firing and such.  Anyway, for one flight I'm going as quiet as I can, then when it comes to the second flight of stairs I usually take off and go up or down (depending on where I'm going) as fast as I can.  Thank goodness we only have 3 floors or I could be chased by fake intruders for a crazy amount of time.

So today's jaunt was no different.  I was helping a student on the 3rd floor.  I started to head down the stairs like a normal person, when 3 steps into it...I started walking as quiet as I could.  Then all of a sudden people entered the stairwell.  It was like a real movie (okay, so they were teachers who work here, no guns, no big chase scene...so it was nothing like a movie)!  I crept down the stairs undetected by them, for an entire flight of stairs.  Then I sprinted down the last flight and was out the door and safe!  I have decided if I'm ever being chased in a stairwell, I really hope that I get to go downstairs instead of up.  Let's be honest, after a few flights I'm going to sit down and try to talk it out with the mad man who is chasing me!

Does anyone else do this?  No?  Just me?  That is okay, but now the next time you go down a back stairwell...I hope you think of me and my crazy thoughts.  I hope you sneak down a few flights and then sprint down the rest, because it's actually kind of fun!  It really brings out the excitement in your day!!!

Random Funny Story- I apologize for those who have heard this.  It should be the first time you have read it though...just a thought!

I used to work in the Library at KU!  They are called the stacks and they are kind of creepy.  I would listen to my head phones and put books away.  My imagination is still the same as it was back in the day...so I would have crazy scenes going on in my head while working in the Stacks.  One day I'm in my head thinking of how to escape from this position...when I turned the corner and there was a man standing right in front of me.  I knew he was waiting for me...so I screamed in his face and took off running.  Down the several flights of stairs (little creepy stairs) until I came to be around other people.  That is when I realized that the "man" was probably a college student and he was probably looking at me because I was making noise and he turned toward my direction.  Anyway, it still cracks me up when I think about screaming in that guys face!

Happy Thursday Folks, let your imagination go crazy and run down some stairs!

1 comment:

  1. Picturing you running down the stairs makes me laugh. I just might have to try it sometime! Haha!

    ReplyDelete