Tuesday, January 15, 2013

It got a little real in here folks...but only towards the end!

Okay, so here is an update on the whole eating healthy thing.  I didn't do a very good job...ha ha ha!  The next day of a few days later I had dinner at like 9 pm ..oh my!  I honestly do believe that how you sleep is based on what you eat...ha ha ha.  Oh well!  I will just keep trying and picking myself back up with the whole eating healthy.  Oh the plus side..my mom bought fruit and veggies...so I ate some of that yesterday and I'm eating grapes right now!  Go me!!!

Do you all believe in jinxing things?  I would normally say No.  I feel as if you can wash your luck socks or stop hitting the switch 12 times before the game.  I find all of that stuff to be silly...however when it comes to Curt's and my relationship it sometimes seems as if we are Jinxed.  I swear...we make plans and then things come up or I feel sick or he feels sick...it is just goofy.  Here is an example, last week we had Wednesday off.  I went over to his house on Tuesday with a headache.  He wasn't feeling fine.  We planned on going out to dinner and seeing a movie.   I call him Wednesday (still hanging on to my headache) and he sounds as if his throat is on fire.  So, I tell him that I'm going home and that he should stay home and maybe we can hang out on Thursday.  Well, Thursday he is not better.  They even sent him home from work early that is how crappy he felt and looked.  He did get to come over at 11pm on Friday...but I was so tired by that point.  Ha ha ha!  This week, I said let's try for date night on Wednesday...he said "oh great, you probably just jinxed us."  So, I guess we will have to wait until tomorrow to see if we are jinxed or not.  Ha ha ha...



So, I have made up my mind to audition for the Chiefs Cheerleaders!  I have had a rough time making this decision because I haven't been able to go to the dance classes that I have wanted too...or anything like that.  I have also not told too many people past my family.  This is so that if I don't make it not everyone is going to ask me about it.  I have been thinking about that though, because my friend is also trying out and she isn't telling anyone about it.  I think overall, as embarrassing as it is to not make something...I had the guts to at least try!  So, I think I will let people know that I'm auditioning for it!  If I make it, that is awesome...if I don't...I know that God has another plan for me for this upcoming year!  Here is what changed my mind about telling people (and this does not mean that I will be shouting it from the rooftops or facebooking it...it just means that if they ask what I'm doing this weekend...I will say auditioning for the Chiefs Cheerleaders).  Oh, my mind change...I had to tell Julie (the director of the CYT show that I'm choreographing) that the auditions are during the show's performances.  I was not sure how she would take it.  I had told her about wanting to do this, but I did not know the dates until recently.  She was totally cool with it...and she said well since it's during the show you will have 107 little kids praying for you!  That is what it's all about right?  Having people who love you support you and have your back!  Not only that...but having them shout your name up to the heavens so that God can do his thing and put all of us on the right path!

Here is a little bit of honesty, I don't think I'm going to make the cheerleading team.  But I'm okay with that.  I'm going to go out there and give it my best shot!  I learned a long time ago that you have to follow your heart and you can't have any "what if's" in your past.  They will drive you crazy for the rest of your life!  So, while the Chiefs would not be a big "what if" saying yes to this audition makes it easier to listen to yourself when you have to make life changing decisions!

Wow, this post got a little real folks!  My friend Suzanne always poses some amazing question at the end of her blog...you can hardly read it because her posts are so amazing...but here is my question to you (ode to Suzanne) what are you doing about your "What if"s"!  Okay, back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment