Tuesday, January 8, 2013

4 things that are on my mind today...

Okay, so I have a few things on my mind.

1.  My life for the next 7 weeks.  It's going to be crazy!  I'm choreographing 2 shows at the same time.  Lucky for me, one of the shows began back in December, so everything is made up...but not taught.  So, I should probably rephrase...I'm rehearsing for two shows at the same time.  On top of that, I do work full time as well as work part time.  So, at this moment...I'm not exactly excited for the next 7 weeks. 
I personally think that once I start getting into it...it will get better and I will enjoy myself.  But it's the first day where I rehearse for both shows...and the thought of having rehearsal every day...then another rehearsal twice a week is making me a little nervous.

Here is a little insight to me...I can get claustrophobia of the schedule.  It might not a real medical thing...but it's where my schedule gets pretty crazy and I go into a panic of sorts.  I normally have to take a few deep breaths and realize that it's only for a short amount of time.  Then I'm better.  I also have to tell myself that I would rather do multiple shows at once and then be done then doing them back to back and not having any time.  So, while I'm whinning a bit at the moment...I do actually like doing this.  I just need to adjust my mind around my new crazy schedule.

2.  Today I got my first Blue Star Award Review!  I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it.  There was not a lot mentioned about the choreography.  One "negative" thing that was said..."This ensemble, however, did not always seem to know their purpose. Two examples are the Jitterbug number and the Ozian dance in ‘Merry Old Land of Oz.’ The choreography didn't really articulate why it was there, and the dancers didn't seem to quite understand, either."
My natural tendency is to get defensive about my work and the kids work...but I'm trying to not do that.  Because what is the point.  I'm going to just take it in, and look back for a brief moment to see if there was anything that I could have done to change that person's opinion.............Okay, after some thought the answer is yes and no.  So, I'm okay with it and I will just put that in my bag of knowledge for the next show I choreograph!
On the plus side, my amazing dog Chandler got to play Toto and they loved him!!!  They said if there would have been an award for best live Animal, they would give it to my puppy!  So, that really makes up for anything about my choreography.  Ha ha ha!

3.  So for Christmas this year I had an idea!  And it was an idea that I had before anyone on Pinterest had...okay, I actually don't know that for sure...but if they have had it...I did not Pin it.  What is this amazing idea you ask?
It is Note Stockings! 
I made these on my computer for each of the family members who were staying at my house in Dec!  I even made them for the Puppy Dogs!  You hang them on your door, then whenever you want too (we did every couple of days) you write a note and put it in their stocking!  Then the next day or evening you get to read the note and it makes you feel happy and loved!  I wrote a poem to explain what the stockings were for and put that on everyone's bed and hung the stockings on the door!  A fun little holiday thing that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy!

4.  My last thing for today (I am actually going to go and post some pics from the other day, since I found out what was wrong...the answer is in case you were wondering is that Internet Explorer is having issues.  Bottom line...use Google Chrome or Firefox).  Okay, back to my number 4.  Megan and I were at a craft fair in L.A. and we found these really cute coffee mug holders.  I got one that looked like a snowman and Megan got one for our dad that is a sock monkey (inside jokes...we all dislike sock monkeys).  All of the mugs we have at our house have handles...so I haven't been able to use it...but my dad found the perfect way to use it.


 
How amazing is this!!!  He used it on a wine bottle!!!  Love it and my creative dad!!!  Woot Woot!!!  Okay folks...I'm off to choreograph, make labels, and eat lunch!  What a weird list of things to do!  Peace out for today!

2 comments:

  1. You need to figure out how to pin that stocking idea...it is great and people would pin it like crazy!!! (I know I want to do it in the future!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have pinned it on my own personal creations board!

    ReplyDelete