Friday, January 18, 2013

Date night success!!!

So, here is an update in regards to my jinxed relationship.  I think we broke the jinx!!!  Okay, okay...we probably weren't jinxed at all...but it sure did feel like it.  So Curt calls me at 6:15 last night.  He isn't supposed to be off work until 8pm and says, do you want to go to that dinner and movie?  Of course I said yes!  So I finally got my date!  We went to Panera Bread and then went and saw Les Mis!  It was just as amazing for the 3rd time as it was the first time.  The company also might have had something to do with it.  I cried more this 3rd time around than I did the 2nd time.
*Side story on the wallet- Curt went into his boss and said...I need to get off work early today.  My girlfriend is really made at me and I need to make it better.  He "had" to tell his boss the entire story as too why I was mad, but I guess it worked!  I thought that was hysterical!
*Side story about Panera- My parents asked me to buy a quart of Baked Potato Soup.  I got up to the register and could not think of the word quart.  So I said...can I have a tub of baked potato soup?  Worker said...like a quart?  I said...Yes, like a quart.  He said...okay that is $12.81.  I said...okay I will have to go get more money (I only had a $10 on me and my purse was at the table).  He said...Let me see what I can do.  He dropped the price down to $10.  His co-worked was giving him a hard time and I think the worker was flirting with me.  But things like this don't happen to me.  I don't even let guys buy me drinks very often, because I don't want to feel bad when I don't talk to them.  Ha ha ha!  So, I got a $2.81 discount on my soup!!!

Anyway, so I went out to dinner, saw a movie, and was still in bed by 10:45!!!  I have not eaten anything after the 8 o'clock hour for the past few days and I feel as if I have been sleeping better.  So, I'm going to really try and focus on that!  Chandler did wake me up this morning at 4:15, but then I was so happy because I could sleep for almost 2 more hours!  And I told Chandler that it wasn't time to wake up yet, so back to sleep we went.  I wanted to snuggle with him...but feel asleep before I could grab him to snuggle.  Ha ha ha, my poor dog!

Today, I'm really trying to take my one word to heart!  This morning I decided to forgo the Friday Jeans day for a dress.  I feel very cute in my outfit and that makes me excited for the day!  I was a little sleepy when I work up this morning so I decided to forgo a shower (this is a bit of a common occurrence with me...sorry about it) and put my hair in french braid pigtails...which I am excited about.  I also am wondering if I will ever be too old to wear the french braid pigtails.  But that thought does not make me excited...so I'm going to push it aside for the moment!  I'm excited for both of my rehearsals today and was actually excited to come to work this morning.  Especially after grabbing my lunch from the fridge- turkey meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and asparagus!  Love it!!!

I don't know if I'm still giddy from my date last night or if trying to be excited for every day is just really an amazing feeling!  I kind of hope it's the latter...because if I can feel like this just about every day...that would be awesome!!!

36 more days until Chiefs Cheerleader Tryouts- I'm working on my flexibility at the moment.  I took yesterday off because of how sore I was.  I need to work on my abs a bit in the next month.  Maybe my excited towards life attitude will help me wake up earlier in the morning.  Ha ha ha...we will have to see about that!  Okay...I'm out for the day!  Or at least for the moment!

Suzanne's Question:  Can you name one thing that you are excited for today?  Make it something that normally does not excite you and see how it changes your point of view!

No comments:

Post a Comment