Thursday, March 6, 2014

My tummy ache

A few days ago it was my birthday!   The people at my school know me really well.  2 of my co-workers bought me cupcakes, and another bought me a cake!  Then my sister also brought me cupcakes!  I love desserts, so needless to say I was in heaven!

I ate one of the cupcakes and then later that day had cake...and for dinner I had Arby's!  I'm pretty sure it could go in the hall of fame as worst eating day ever!  But it was yummy!  I saved one of my co-workers cupcakes for later.  It was chocolate cake, peanut butter icing, and reese's peanut butter cups on top!  This was the kind of cupcake where the icing was piled super high and it was super rich!

Yesterday for lunch I ate a salad, then I was so excited to eat the cupcake!  It was AMAZING!  About half way through, my body said...okay, stop eating!  But my mind said NO!  So, I kept eating.  I ate the whole thing (I'm feeling a bit sick just writing this).  Needless to say my stomach hurt a bit.  I drank some water and did not eat anything else.

The stomach ache felt like gas (sorry folks, this is getting real).  But it wouldn't go away.  Now I have a pretty good metabalism!  I go to the restroom restroom at least once a day if not more.  So, being super gassy is not really my thing.  Anyway, my stomach was hurting so bad!  And of course I had an eye doctor appointment after school.  So, I'm sitting at the doc's and I realize that I have to go to the restroom.  I think thank goodness for me, because then I will feel better.  I go...and I don't feel better!  What?!?!?  That is not right!  I have always felt better after I use the restroom!  Arg!

Finish at the eye doctor's - $100 later which also makes my stomach hurt.  Ha ha ha!  I head home and I'm in some serious pain!  So, I lay down on the bed.  By this time it's 4:30.  The Lent service that I would like to attend begins at 7pm.  Then a knitting class that I would really like to attend and only meets once a month was meeting at 8pm.  So, I'm laying in bed hoping to feel better.  The fetal position does not help, laying on my back does not help, if I lay on my stomach and prop myself up on my elbows...that helps!  So I prop myself up with pillows and my arms and doze until 7:30.  Nothing!  It's not better, thankfully it's not worse...it's just painful.  So, I pick myself up and head out to the knitting class.  I have to get gas of course.  Because who doesn't want to stand outside in 30 degree weather pumping gas with a horrible stomach ache.  *sidebar- as the gas was pumping, I was sitting on a guard rail with my head down, hood up, freezing and in pain.  When an attendant comes by and scares me.  He asks if I want a carwash.  I say no.  But I felt so embarassed that I didn't see him or hear him coming!  ha ha ha*

I finally make it to the Knitting class.  And I stumble onto the floor- since my stomach hurts.  I don't mention it to anyone.  I mean what do I say "for the first time in my life sugar has given me a stomach ache"?  That just sounds weird.  So, I'm learning how to knit- which is the only thing taking my mind off of my pain.  Thank goodness!  The only part that was really weird was when the Pastor walked by.  I wanted to shout, I'm in a lot of pain and listening to an hour long sermon would have killed me!  But I didn't, I did try to show my pain a bit.  But let's be honest it probably came across as a weird scowl.  Ha ha ha!

The class is over and we are all leaving, even though I want to run out because it hurts 10 times worse standing up, I don't.  I walk with the nice ladies who taught me how to knit!  It really was fun- minus the pain.  Ha ha ha!  I finally get home and Curt has people over.  I knew he was going too, but it's just bad when you are doubled over in the doorway.  Ha ha ha!  Curt came in, asked if I needed anything.  I didn't!  I just went back to laying on my stomach in a propped up kind of way.  No matter how hard I tried, I could not go to the restroom.  It was terrible!  I did go home and post to facebook that my stomach hurt.  I'm not sure if Pastor Burt would care...or even read it.  But I hate feeling guilty like that...ha ha ha!

At 12am I woke up and knew that I should go to the restroom.  And I did!  It helped for a second, then I started to drink water.  I did not want to get dehydrated and get a headache!  Then at 3am I had to use the restroom, then at 5:40, and at 6am, and at 6:55...I was contemplating calling in...but kept thinking...how many more times can I use the restroom?  I have not eaten since 2:00!  I did drink a glass of OJ and grabbed 2 pieces of bread and a blueberry bagel.  In case food started to sound good.  Which at that point in the morning it did not!  Not even treat day!  The OJ did not set well and sent me to the restroom a few more times at school.  Which is terrible news.  Then I was having terrible stomach pains (blamed on the OJ) when all of sudden I realized the pains were changing into hunger pains.  So, I grabbed a piece of bread and began eating small bites!

Now it's 11am and I'm feeling pretty good!  Not good enough to go and eat a burger or anything.  But at least I'm not in pain and I'm thinking that I am done with the restroom.  It was a crazy intense day and I'm so thankful that it's over (hopefully).  I came to school so that I could go to the show tonight without feeling weird about it...but there were some moments when I thought...it's not going to happen today!

Okay, well there is my dramatic telling my my stomach ache!

No comments:

Post a Comment