Wednesday, March 5, 2014

I'm 2 months in and I'm stressed...kind of...

Okay, lately I have decided that I like to make a decision and then move on!  To be honest, I can't remember if I have talked about this in a post...but if I have you can just skip on down past this part!

If I have to make a decision, I like to think it over for a bit, make the choice, and then move on!  I remember when I was 16, I decided to break up with my boyfriend.  It's not that I still didn't like him, because I did.  I just knew that it wasn't the right thing for me.  He was not making me happy.  And I knew that I needed to be happy.  So, I thought about it.  Felt bad about it...and thought about for a day or so.  Then made my decision to end it and I felt so much better!  Then I went and broke up with him.  Sorry ex-boyfriend!  When I thought about auditioning for Disney again, I was worried about it and thought about it for a day...and then made the decision to audition!  I felt great about it and booked my plane ticket and the job!  Now that was really lucky!

My point is this, I have been looking at venues since I got engaged.  I have looked at prices, pictures, set up appointments to go and see these places, and sent out email after email...!  I mean, 2 months to make a decision!  I'm being driven crazy by my own wedding and it's still over a year away!  I'm going to be a bridezilla for sure!   I don't want to be that annoying bride, that is a wah wah!  But I feel as if time is moving against me!  And that my personality of making fast decisions is being tortured!  And then as if I'm over-reacting like a mad woman!  I am not a crazy bride, but having to wait this long is going to drive me crazy to make one decision...

Until this past weekend...

I was talking to Curt.  Showing him pictures of the Monarch Room (who were wonderfullly nice and it will be a beautiful space once finished).  When he said, since we lowered our numbers, is the ball conference center back in?  I said, yes I guess so!  But I"m not sure I can handle another option!  He said, what if the Monarch room isn't as nice as the BCC?  And why is it so much more expensive?  I said, it's pricey because we are paying for the downtown view!  He replied with, I don't care about the downtown view!  He also said, I thought you might not want to have it there, since that is where Megan had hers!  I thought that was very sweet of him to think of me, but it doesn't bother me in the least!

So, the next day I went and redid the pricing for the BCC.  And it was all starting to come together!  The prices were right!  Everything was starting to fall into place!  That night after Curt got off work I said, I think we are going to go with the BCC.  He said, okay!  I said, I'm going to call them tomorrow to see if the day is open.  He said, okay.  I said, if it's open I am going to ask them to put a hold on the place.  He said okay.  And from there, I have picked out the DJ, Photobooth, Lighting, and bartenders.  All of the big stuff that I was worried about!  Nothing else is final final, since I have not talked with Curt about them yet.  But he has been so great, and knows that I have been really into my research!  So, I'm not too worried.  And if he doesn't like them, then too bad!  Just kidding, then we will search some more!

So, the wedding is going to be at the Ball Conference Center!!!  I'm so excited and relieved to have the day set and the venue on hold (it's not for sure until we have put down a deposit)!  It really did lift a weight that was on my shoulders.  Now I can take the time to create everything else!  We can start knowing how much we need to save!  And all of that jazz!  The stress is gone and once again replaced with excitement!  Peace out for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment