Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A little bit on 9/11!

It's 9/11 today.  How weird is that?  It's been 12 years since...well...9/11 happened!  It just seems crazy!  I remember driving to JCCC and hearing that a plane drove into a building!  I remember thinking- He is not a very good driver!  I got to school, took a stupid science test (that I'm pretty sure I failed) and then headed to my lab class with my cousin.

Everyone there was quiet.  Army planes were circling in the sky.  That is when I heard the news.  That a 2nd plane had hit!  That the buildings fell!  That a 3rd plane and a 4th plane had also crashed!  The craziest thing (and by craziest thing...it's really not...because America was attacked...that was the craziest thing), is that we stayed for Lab.  I mean, I finished out the day, then I went home!

Once home, I remember my mom calling (home phone, cell phone...I can't remember) and telling me to meet her at the gas station.  Everyone was afraid that gas would run out.  So EVERYONE was getting their "last" tank.  I remember walking (to save the gas, that will run out eventually) to Quick Trip with my sister to buy some milk.  In case we were attacked again and had to survive!  I remember sitting at home and watching everything that was happening on TV!  I remember getting calls that people we knew who lived in New York were okay.

Everything that day was sureal.  In fact, it still kind of is!  I know a lot of things changed that day!  For better or worse...I don't know!  Some for both I guess!  Every year I find myself tuning in to the 9/11 TV shows or short films, or documentaries.  I can't help it!  It's just too much to believe that something like that happened.  It's a moment in time where when anyone says 9/11 or sees 9:11 they will think of that day!  Where they were.  What they felt.  How life changed that day.

It's also weird to work at a school where kids who attend here were now born after 9/11!  They have no clue that things were different before that day.  I'm not sure where America is going from here!  I know that I love this country, but I also know that we are far from perfect!  There are things that we can work on to improve this country and make it even better than it was in the past!

On this post, I'm saying God Bless America!  I love this country and want to make it the best place in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment