Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The cost so far of my wedding!

So, I'm going to list everything that we have spent (or will be spending) for the wedding thus far!  I feel as if I'm a pretty thrifty bride and I'm tired of seeing these posts that say I only spent $4000 on a wedding...only to find out that they had 30 guests!  I don't think that ratio is very good!  So, here is what I will be spending on a wedding of 250-300 people!  Could I have saved more in certain places?  Yes, but I also wanted things that both my fiance and I really liked!  We are about 6.5 months out from the wedding...199 days to be exact!

For a wedding of 250-300

Say Yes to the Dress
Wedding Dress- I bought the dress off the rack instead of ordering a brand new one!  The price went from $1700 to $699!
Veil- I had worked with the gal at the Bridal store before (very lucky) so the veil was 30% off!  For the record it was $179 for a Cathedral length veil (the first one I tried on...not cathedral length was $400)
Jewlery- Once again knowing the Bridal store gal she sold me Jewlery for what she paid for it.  It was on sale from $70 for the earrings and $70 for the bracelet to $7 for each.  So, I paid $14!

For a total of $839!  Again, my parents surprised me with paying for these purchases!!!  It was amazing, we all cried!

Invitations
Magnet Street was the only place where I found invitations that I liked and could change just about every aspect of the invite!  Color, wording, pictures!  Plus, I really wanted a pocket fold style- very picky of me I know, but I looked for 3-4 months trying to find the best deal

Made For Each Other Series- 200 of each
Invitations
Direction Card
Accommodation Card
RSVP Card

For a Total of $960!  However, MagnetStreet has some great coupons out there, don't buy without one!  I had a 25% coupon plus free shipping that brought the cost down too $720!!!

Made For Each Other Series- 200
Save the Dates Magnets

For a Total of $218.  I actually had a 40% off coupon for Magnet Save the Dates, so it brought the cost down to $140.79

Invitation Cost (stamp not included)- $860.79

Photographer
Luckily for us, we have a great friend that takes photo's.  We are getting Engagment Pictures, Bridal Pictures, and all day Wedding Pictures!

For a Total of $1000- this is unheard of and is a very lucky break!

Videographer
I really wanted a Videographer to capture the entire event.  My Uncle has done several of my families, but he also wants to enjoy himself as well.  So, I decided to use his talents in other ways and to hire a Videographer.  A colleague of mine recommended this videographer and when we met they seemed amazing!

Tower Studios- They have several packages from a little to a lot!  This is something that we could have saved money on...but I didn't want too!  So we are getting a full day of filming, unlimited locations, 2 videographers,  3 cameras, our choice of music, edited highlights video, edited documentary, custom Hollywood cases, 3 DVD's and 3 BlueRay's.

For a Total of $1595

Transportation
When my sister, Megan, got married we took a Trolley from the Church to the Reception!  It was a blast.  We had recently been on a trolley for another wedding and it didn't have air conditioning.  So, when we were looking for transportation...Curt said, No Trolley's.  I said okay!  But I also didn't want to do a boring/over done Party Bus!  So, at a bridal show with my other sister, Dana...we saw a stretch Hummer Limo!  It was on sale...and we had a $100 gift card to use as well!  So, Hummer Limo- 4 TV's, Fog Machine, Fiber Optics, 22 Passengers

For a Total of $600 (then there was the gift card) $500!

Venue
My sister, Megan, had her Reception at the same place where I'm having mine!  They were great people, its a great location, and any extra money goes to a Children's Charity!  Plus, you can bring in your own food and drink!

For a Total of $3343

DJ
Alright, so with music I wanted someone who would lead the group but not be annoying about it!  Ha ha ha!  I found these guys at my very first Bridal Show!  Complete Music!  They are doing the music and the lighting!  After I booked them, I got an email for a $100 off coupon for Complete Music Lighting.  So, I called the guys and got my lighting for $100 less!  5 hours of music, DJ/MC, Dance Floor Lights, Sound System, and 10 uplights (for some reason...uplights were really important to me)

For a total of $890 (minus the $100) $790!

Photobooth
There are a few things that really excited me!  I wanted a photobooth!  They are so fun and it also makes for great gifts!  I was going to go through Complete Music (the more you get from them, the better your discount).  Until I got an email from TheKnot.com about a free photobooth from Tower Studios if you book your videographer with them!  Well, we had already done that!  So, I called Tower Studios and was able to get a photobooth for free!

For a Total of $0 (they normally charge $400)

Food
So, this is the biggest cost for the wedding!  I mean we are trying to have a nice dinner for 250-300 people...what were you expecting?  I did try to go with a dessert buffet, but Curt did not want too!  We are using the people Affordable Catering!  My entire family has used these folks, so we know the food is good, we know they are efficient, and well...we just know that it works.  We are having a Cocktail Hour, Hot Dinner Buffet, Extra Entree, Upgraded Vegetable, and a possible Mashed Potato Martini...plus Option B with the plates.  I also believe that we get tea, lemonade, and water with this as well!

For a total for $5467-6620 (I am not sure if the Mashed Potato Martini is included).

Alcohol
Is another thing I'm very excited about!  My whole family has done a beer and wine only thing...it's free...but nothing fancy!  Which is what Curt and I were going to do as well!  We are not here to give you all the best drinks on the planet!  When we chose Diamond Girls Bartenders, we got a free Signiature Cocktail!  I'm so excited about this...ha ha ha!  We get to design a signature cocktail and name it as well!  1 hour setup time, 4 hours reception, beer, wine, soda, water, signature cocktail, 3 bartenders all for 250 people!

For a Total of $2125.  Could this have been cheaper?  Not with what we got...and again...I'm willing to go cheaper, but I'm not willing to give up stuff that I want!

So far we have spent $16,833
Not bad considering we have most of the big stuff done!  It's a large number that will only get bigger!  It's also why we are having a long engagement!  Could we have gone cheaper?  Yes!  Could we have gone cheaper and still gotten all that we did and all that we wanted?  I don't think so!

So, enjoy this post!  Know that things are expensive...and there is nothing anyone can really do about it!  You might as well just kick up your heels and remember every moment!







No comments:

Post a Comment