Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Dreams? Or Reality?

I dream!  I dream a lot!  My dreams are all very real and I never know I'm dreaming until I wake up.  I have heard people say, that they are able to realize it's a dream and change what is going on.  That is not how it is with me.  Everything is real, until I wake up!  Sometimes I have fun dreams or good dreams.  But for the most part, my dreams are scary and exhausting!  I usually wake up and if feels like I have not slept at all.  It's rough!

I have been chased, shot, hurt, watched others get hurt or die.  I have been in a tornado and not been able to save the people I love!  I have lost teeth, then woken up only to realize that I lost my teeth again, only to wake and realize that I was dreaming inside a dream.  I could go on and on!

However, a few nights ago I had a very weird dream.  It was not like the others, yet it was.  I had a dream that someone was trying to drown me.  I can see their hand holding me down under the water.  I do not know who they are (it's usually someone I don't know, thank goodness), but I can see their face.  I'm struggling to get out, but I can't.  My lungs are killing me and I realize that I'm going to try to breath.  I know that if I try to breath, it's going to be water.  And that I will most likely die, but I'm okay with that.  I realize it's my only option.  So, I go and take a deep breath of wa...air.  That is when I woke up.  When I took a big breath of air.

I wanted to wake Curt up, to tell him how real the dream was.  To tell him that I knew I was going to die.  It was a weird feeling, but then again it wasn't.  I did not wake up, Curt.  I just rolled over and my dreams started up again.  However this time, I did not get that far before my alarm went off.

Later that day, I told Curt and my sister, Dana, about my dream.  They thought it was bizarre.  Then Curt said something that I did not even think of...he said, You were probably sleeping and holding your breath.  Then your brain said "Breath you idiot".  How funny to think about that!  Was I holding my breath?  I mean, my big breath in woke me up...so I guess it makes sense that I would be holding my breath.  What if my brain had not said, "BREATH"!  It's just so weird to think about.

I say that I get trapped in my dreams.  That I'm unable to wake up on time because I can't get out of them.  I can wake up and go back to sleep to be right back where I was!  And it's never the awesome dreams that I go back too!  It's all so crazy!  I would love to do a sleep study sometime to see my brain activity!  I would not be surprised if it was through the roof!

Okay, sweet dreams folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment