Tuesday, September 9, 2014

What is your personality- find out when you plan a wedding!

Planning a wedding says a lot about someone.  It can say whether or not you are high strung, laid back, picky, mean, go with the flow...all sorts of things.

Before I started planning my wedding, I knew I was indecisive, however I did not quite realize just how indecisive I actually was.  Before the wedding planning I would say "I don't really like to make decisions, but it's for stupid stuff (i.e. what to have for dinner, what to watch on tv) so it doesn't really matter!  I'm not saying that wedding planning is SOOOOO important, but when someone says what do you want to do for your bachelorette party and 50 ideas are popping in and out of your mind attached with positive and negative aspects...it makes it really hard to make a decision.  Example: I have loved when we do a physical activity during the bachelorette party (pole dancing, zumba) but what if others hate it, what if people aren't physically able to do the activity...what if I fall and break myself.  I want to do multiple things!  My cousin-in-laws sister...are you following that?...did an all day thing.  I think there were 3-4 events!  But I'm afraid that people won't attend the events.  Because everyone is so busy!

Maybe it's not so much that I'm indecisive, it's more that I want everyone to want to take part in the activities.  And I'm afraid that they won't want too!  I haven't really asked anyone to help with anything...because I'm afraid that once I ask...people won't have the time to help me.  Then when I end up doing it by myself...I feel sad!  Wah Wah!  My mom would say, that is not the case at all!  So get over it!  It's not that people say "I don't want to help you"...they say "I can't help because I have something planned!"  I need to stop taking things so personal!  Just get over myself and realize that if people could be there they would be there!  Amy, put your "woe's me girl" back on the shelf where she belongs!

Anyway, I have bought 12 centerpiece candle jars.  I have 13 3-tiered candle centerpieces.  And I would like to have 8-10 tree centerpieces for the tables.  I can't decide if the tree's will work and what to put into the bottom of the candle jars...nor the 3-tiered candles!

Snap out of it!  So what, you are indecisive!  Well it's time to make that stop!  It's time to become the Decisive Bride!  You have decisions that have to be made!  You have got to get on your game and get ready for the 7 months ahead of you!  You must take charge!

How to get your act together?

1.  Make a list of things and start checking it off!
2.  Talk with people.  If they offer to help, take them up on that offer!
3.  Be open about what you want!
4.  Get ready to have some fun!

First things First:
1.  Engagement Pictures
- Pick out 2-3 outfits
- Pick out 2-3 locations (indoors and outdoors)
- Make sign for Chandler
- Don't worry about the weather
- Get a bow tie for Chandler?

2.  Save the Dates
- Look for coupons
- Wording for Save the Dates
- Wording for Wedding invites
- Get everyone's address to mail them
- Get Curt's guest list (ARG!)

For right now, that is where we will stop!  We will take it a few things at a time so that we can manage it with everything else that is going on!

I feel better after writing this!  Happy Tuesday to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment