Monday, February 3, 2014

The Budget Bride

Okay, so last night I was driving to Red Robin.  I once learned a saying "If you are buying, I'm flying".  That means if you want me to go get it, you better get me something!  Ha ha ha!  I think that is an amazing saying!  Moving on, I was thinking about my blog...especially the wedding stuff and decided that I'm going to tell all!  I feel as if for the amount of people that will be attending we will be really spending our money very wisely!  Or to actually have a Budget Bride (something I find lacking on websites) why not use myself?  I am a real bride who doesn't want to buy my dress at a thrift store.  Nor do I have a $4000 budget, but am only feeding 50 people (I have more than 50 people in just my family)!  None of those budget brides are me!  So, here I go!  Being a budget bride, who will have 300-350 people at the wedding!

My fiance and I will be paying for the wedding!  We figured out that if we can save $1400 a month, for the next 13 months, we will have $18,200!  I did a few musicals this past fall and got the paychecks over Christmas!  So that will start our wedding fund!  Those checks totaled $1700.  Which makes our wedding budget a total of $19,900.  Here is where I keep going back and forth!  Yes, $20,000 to spend on one day is crazy!  But it's a big party for my family, friends, co-workers, and most importantly for Curt and I!  We are celebrating the biggest day in our lives thus far!  I want to be able to remember it as being amazing!  So,  if you are going to get on me about spending so much on one day.  Then please go away!  I don't want to hear it!  It is our choice!  We are paying for it!  Would I rather put that money toward a house?  Yes, but I also want a wedding!  So, there you have it!  We have also told each of our parents (though I would still like to talk with them all together) that if they would like to help out monetary or by putting in hours with the crafts we would love that!  But we aren't expecting either

The other thing is...we will try to spend as little as we can!  So, I will keep you all up to date at how we are spending!  Hopefully it will all be awesome!

Curt and I finally looked at all of my Venue information!  We chose our top three (which really means we have one that we both love...and then 2 that are just okay)!  I felt we needed to have some backups just in case the pictures are way better than the real thing!  I have seen that happen several times!  Our very top choice is called The Urban Event!  It looks amazing in the pictures and the gal who is in charge has been amazing!  We go on Wednesday to take a look!  I'm so excited but also nervous that it won't live up to the pictures!  And since it's our top choice by far...it could leave us a little wah wah!  But I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Here is the information:
The Venue will cost a flat fee of $5,000-  but it includes so much stuff!  Tables, Linens and napkins (normally $7-$15 a table depending on the table), Plates, silverware, glasses (can be anywhere from $3-$5per person), Staff, Security, projector and screen, parking, cake cutting services ($3 per person), Staff, and the venue for the whole day (most places offer 5 hours for everything).  This place even said that if it's open the night before we can go in then!  So it's amazing!  I really am excited to see it...and nervous!  Ha ha ha!

I did have one person say they went to reception there (on the 8th floor, ours will be on the first floor) and they said it felt cold...as in not cozy!  Too modern for her!  I was nervous about this for a while.  And then I thought, we have not even seen it yet in person to know how it feels!  And I like the different look of the old building!  For us it's all about the money and how it feels!  The gal has been so nice and great through emails that I am looking forward to it!  And it might be a little cold, but that is something to work on (if that is the case)!  I'm not mad that they thought it was cold or not their choice, because that is their opinion!

I am learning and continue to keep learning that people aren't going to like everything that I do!  They might not like the decorations or the music!  Or the DJ or the food!  And that is okay!  It's not about what they like and don't like!  It's about what Curt and I love!  It's about what fits us as couple!  It's not an easy thing, especially since both Curt and I are people pleasers...but it's something that we need to learn and ignore!  Take their suggestions, think about what they are saying, and then make a decision based on everything that we know!  I don't want to ignore what they are saying, but I also don't want to make a decision based on what they are saying!  Does that make sense?

So, it's supposed to snow these next few days.  I'm not sure if school will be in session or what the deal is.  So, I will write more about the wedding in a few days!  Especially about the venue and how much we love it!  Hopefully!  Ha ha ha, bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment