Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Wedding update- Historic Firestone Building

Hi!  Wedding Update....there is no update!  Ha ha ha!  Just kidding...sort of!

This past Saturday, my parents and I went over to see the Historic Firestone Building.  Also known as the Urban Event Space!  As of right now, it is Curt's and my first choice.  But we aren't set on that!  It is still under construction, so things are done there.  My folks and I walked in and it was freezing in there.  I took them down to the basement to show them.  Then we were headed up to the 8th floor, just for a look.  My mom said to me "I don't like it".  I knew that if she didn't like it, then it was going to be hard for me to like it.  Only because I would feel as if I'm constantly having to defend the place to people.  Anyway, it just would have been tough.  Then Nick and Chris got there (the owners) and they explained how they do things.  They walked us through where everything happens, they walked us through exactly what they do for their bride and groom.

Once they explained it, my mom could start to see how things would happen there!  I'm excited to go back with hopefully everyone (including Curt's family) to see it when it's fully finished!  That won't be until March 31st.  Hopefully by then, we will be able to either put a deposit down somewhere or be able to say "this is not going to work for us".  When we got home, my mom said...okay let's sit down and see where we can put some tables.  It was fun to go through the logistics with her on a place that I really like.

We are going to see a place on Saturday as well.  However, this one is really under construction.  So, it's going to take some brain power to imagine this place!  Then it will be down to money!  Which one offers the best deal...which one is going to make us feel as special as we should feel!  Which one is going to provide the most fun...I'm excited, but I'm also just ready to have a place and be done with it.

I have learned a few things since getting engaged.  I am learning to just smile and say thank you for thinking of me, when people give me suggestions.  I have learned to not take things personally when they don't like my ideas.  I have also learned that I don't like to sit on one idea for too long.  I like to think about for a day or two then make a decision.  All of this waiting around...is a bit buggy!  But I honestly think, that as soon as we have the venue, we will be able to move on rather quickly from there!

Other wedding updates:
1.  We have decided on a wedding videographer.  We have emailed and are trying to get a date to meet with them!
2.  We have a meeting with one photographer.  I'm not sure if she will be the one, but at least we have a meeting set up!
3.  We have decided on a caterer.  Every space that we are looking at you are able to bring in your own food.  So, now we just have to decide what exactly we need from the company.

I think that is all of the major stuff that we have or at least sort of have at this time.  I'm so excited to try on dresses!  I know that I still have a month, but that gives me a month to get my act together and get into shape...so that when I try on dresses, I feel the best that I can feel!  It should be very exciting!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Just fyi...if you want the historic Firestone building, you better book now! We got the last slot available for this year, and Nick said that the first floor is booked for every Saturday until the end of 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Megan, we went with another location back in March! But thank you for being sweet and thinking about me! Happy wedding and congrats on booking your venue!

      Delete