Friday, January 24, 2014

That darn checklist...

When planning a wedding there are a lot of things to think about!  There are lists and lists of what to do first, second, third...and so on!  On one level I find these lists helpful!  I like to check things off of a list, so when I can say that I have talked about the budget with my fiance...I get very happy!  What I don't really like are the things that I can't check off!  "Announce Your Engagement"  What does that even mean?  Facebook?  Twitter?  The paper?  I don't know...so I have not checked it off!  We have not had engagement photo's taken, so therefore we have not announced anything to the paper.  Oh well, we don't even get the paper to see that our announcement was in there!  Maybe I should just say we made the announcement on Facebook and I had blank amounts of likes.  Ha ha ha!  Another annoying checklist thing..."Registerr for Engagement Gifts"  Do people really do this?  I think it's just lame!  I mean, get me a present for getting engaged?  If someone wants to do that, that is awesome...but do registrar?  That seems extreme!  Maybe I will just put a line through it "Register for Engagement Gifts".  The last one I'm going to complain about is "Subscribe to wedding Magazines"  I mean come on!  What?  I don't even think I have to say anything else "Subscribe to wedding magazine"

So far I have only complained about the list, but I really do like it!  It will keep me in check when I'm thinking about the small wedding reception details and don't have a venue yet!  I am a jumper when it comes to this...so the checklist will help me out.  For example, one thing says "Decide what type of wedding you want".  I had not even thought about that...because I was too busy looking up centerpieces for the tables.  So, I am really going to enjoy the checklist, once I can get over the few items that don't apply to me!

Here is where I am right now with the wedding planning!
Square one!  Ha ha ha!  We know what month (April), we know what year (2015), but that is about it!  I have talked to the Pastor at my church and he is available that month!  Yahoo!  The next thing on my list is Venue's!  I have been looking up, emailing, and printing off information about the venue's around the Kansas City Area.  I am only looking at the ones that will hold the amount of people we might have, that aren't too far away, and that are in our budget!  I would say I have about 10.  On Sunday we are going to Arrowhead to see what they cost (I have been waiting for such a long time and am so excited!!!).  Then on Monday, Curt and I have a wedding date.  We are going to sit down with his new IPad and look at all the places I have contacted.  Discuss the price, location, and feel for each place!  My dream would be to pick our top 3-4 choices and plan an actual visit.  Then we narrow it down and pick a venue and wedding date.

Here are my thoughts- Once the venue is planned everything else will fall into place!  I can tell my Pastor the date, and say Yes we need the church or no we do not.  We can pick the caterer or use the one they tell us we have to use.  We can call the photographer and get the date and times set for them as well!  We can even decide what type of wedding we will have based on our venue!  I mean we can't do country chic in a modern venue!  So, things are starting to move!  Yahoo!  And hopefully I will be able to check some things off the list!  

No comments:

Post a Comment