Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Budget's kind of kill me!

How come it seems that the moment you start working with a budget, that is the exact time you start needing to provide things?  Ha ha ha!  So, that is probably not true!  I just didn't realize when things were needed in the first place.

Oh well!  I will have to put a budget on my food spending as well!  Maybe actually eat what is in the freezer and the pantry!  Wouldn't that be a novel idea!  I have tuna, weird mac and cheese, some Asian food of some sort...not to mention the freezer full of stuff!

Okay, I can do this!  I can save the money and yet not feel as if I'm not allowed to live!  Yes, I will have to get up early on days when I don't want too!  Yes, I won't be able to spend money all willy-nilly!  Yes, it's true that I will have to go to the grocery store on a budget and not get every type of ice cream that I want!  But is that such a bad idea?  Shouldn't we all do a little bit of saving.  A little bit of not being a privileged spoiled person?  I am not sure I would ever say that I was spoiled...but I'm sure there are people that would say otherwise.  For example, in my fridge right now, I have chocolate chip cookies, snicker doodles, maybe an oatmeal...I have pillsbury cookie dough (the halloween style of cookie) and three different types of ice cream!  Now, this stuff has been in the freezer for at least a month right now...but it's still there!  I don't need to go out and buy cookie dough at all!  Let's be honest, I can also make more cookie dough...should I happen to go on a crazy cookie dough binge!  Ha!

So, I'm feeling a bit tied down with the budget...but I have had to work at it before..it's just getting back into the habit of doing it again!  Here we go!

Week One of Budgeting!  I started on Monday and it's Tuesday...and guess what: I have not bought anything!  Yahoo for me!  Ha ha ha!  I will keep you all updated as I go!


No comments:

Post a Comment