Friday, January 10, 2014

Christmas

Okay, on the Monday before Christmas, I thought I would go shopping with Dana!  We shopped Sunday afternoon and it was awesome!  But then she got sick!  So, now I was off to shop by myself for the rest of my Christmas outfit!  It was not nearly as fun!  But I did spend my Christmas Gift Cards to Nordstroms given to me by the Alderman's!  I got a whole bunch of stuff!  I was so excited about my new jeans that I sent a picture to Dana!

Okay, so it's not the best clear picture!  But the jeans are amazing!!!  I love them!

So, Monday night Curt got off work and we headed out to his parents house down at the Lake of the Ozarks!  We stopped first at Winstead's- which is so yummy- and then we were out of there!  We sang the entire way down!  It was so much fun!  I didn't know a lot of the songs, but by the end I was singing along and I tried to harmonize where I could!  Go me!

We arrived a little over 2 hours later and did not waste any time!  I litterally got out of the car, went to the bathroom and then it was like...let's open gifts!  Curt's dad is like a kid when it comes to Christmas!  He didn't want to go around in a circle!  He just wanted to open the presents!  It was a lot of fun!  I got some really awesome gifts and met Kylie's (Curt's sister) boyfriend for the first time!  We ate, laughed, and talked!  It was a blast!  I of course did not take any pictures of people...however I did take pictures of Chandler with one of his presents!




Chandler got a bow tie for Christmas from Ruthie, BJ, and Doug!  He loved it can't you tell?  Ha ha ha!  He also got some treats and a few raw hides!  I got a sweater, gift card to Panera, perfume and lotion in my favorite scent, and candy!  I made out like a bandit!  Curt got his Ipad (mentioned in a former post) and some awesome shirts!  He got a black sweater, which he wore on Christmas with my family!  It was just an awesome night!

On Christmas Ever, the whole Alderman clan came over for a yummy feast!  We all just talked, ate, opened gifts, and laughed!  It was an awesome time!  I love that family!

We left that night to drive back to Overland Park!  It was a short trip, but an awesome one at that!  On the way home we listened to my CD of duets that I made for Curt back in 2008...or maybe 2009!  Ha ha ha!  It consists of songs that remind me of him!  Another fun road trip!  We also discussed how we were going to open gifts!  Are we going to open them that night or on Christmas morning?  Or are we going to open them with my family.  We finally decided on opening them on Christmas Eve!  It was so exciting...I couldn't wait to open my gift from him!  I already knew it was jewlery...but what kind?!?!?!?  Here is what I was nervous for!  At the beginning of December, I told Curt that I bought him his Christmas gift!  He guessed right away that it was a golf club.  So to play a trick on him, I wrapped some movies in the golf club box!  I thought we would open gifts on Christmas morning and then go over to my sisters.  So the joke would last maybe an hour...but that is not how we did it!  He opened his gift...a lot of little gifts!  Then it was my turn!  I opened my jewelry box to find a beautiful aquamarine necklace!  It was beautiful!  I loved it and put it on right away!  I felt so terrible, since his big gift the golf club was at my sisters!  It was a joke, that kind of went wrong!  But at least my gift was amazing!  

It was hard to get a picture of it!  But there it is!  I love aquamarine stones!  They are my birthstone and Curt's as well!  It is so special to me that we share a birth stone!  Amazing!!!

So, the next morning I wake up and start getting ready for the day!  I take Chandler out and we sneak a few pictures before it's time to wake up Curt!





















We had to take a few pictures!  Trying to get the right angle and the antlers is not the easiest thing to do!  Then it was time to head over to the Peterson's house!  It's a new tradition to have Christmas over at the Peterson's house!  It was a bit weird, but it worked out great!  The kids were so cute opening gifts!  Mishi was my Elfster!  I got a gift card to LuluLemon, the timer I wanted, and something else that I can't think of right now!  I was Mike's Elfster and he really enjoyed his hat (even though it was too small).  I found out that hats are like jeans, you have to try them all on.  Even if it says the same size...it might be different!  We opened stockings, ate breakfast, and opened gifts!  We had 3 lbs of bacon between the 10 of us!  That is insane!  Then it was time to get ready for the rest of the family to come over!  I made my mom take a family picture of Curt, Chan, and I before it got really crazy!  It was the first family picture we have ever taken!  I think it's going to be on the Christmas Card!

There you have it folks!  The first family photo!!!  I love this picture and I think we all look great in it!  I was so happy that I posted it on Facebook and Instagram...which also posts to my facebook page!  I updated my cover photo with this and just blew up everyone's NewsFeed with my obsession of this picture!  Ha ha ha!  

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!  Or Happy New Year!  Something like that!  

The rest of the family came over and we watched the little ones open gifts again.  We ate lunch!  I played with Ameila all afternoon!  So, amazing!!!  Isn't she adorable!!!  I love her!!!  We found out my other cousin's baby had to go to the ER because she was sick!  We all felt so bad for them!  She is better now, it was just that darn stomach flu!

Christmas Pictures are coming up in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment