Monday, January 13, 2014

Wedding Firsts

This weekend I had my first wedding nightmare-
I was dreaming that it was the day of my wedding and I was getting into my dress.  And I was trying to tell people that I don't remember planning any of this.  They all assured me that I did.  But I kept saying, isn't it weird that I don't remember?  And they would all just laugh.  I remember my dress being pretty, but totally poofy!  I'm not sure I want a poofy dress.  I remember the bridesmaids dresses being white, black, and brown.  There was a ruffle that was supposed to tie at the waist, but it wasn't working.  So they said...let's just not wear them.  But then the dresses had a big hole in them where you could see their underwear!  Once again I said, I did not plan this!  I would not have picked those out.  It was just a hot mess.  The most nerve wracking part was not knowing what the wedding was going to look like.  When I woke up, I thought...it's January!  Your wedding is still a long ways away!  You have time...and you just had your first bad wedding dream!  Yikes!

1st bad dream- 16 months to go!

Last night Curt and I had our 2nd big wedding talk.  The first one was picking a date!  It worked out well, after I got over not getting married until Spring of 2015.  Ha!  April 4th was the date!  I told my sister and then my mom and was so proud of how well we picked it and it wasn't stressful or crazy or anything.  Then my mom called back and said that's Easter Weekend.  So back to the drawing board it was!  Now we are have a month, but are not settling down on a specific date until a little later on...like once the venue has been chosen.  My fear is that I'm going to fall in love with our date and then it's going to have to change again!  So, it's April of 2015 for right now!

Our second big conversation was budget and how we are going to achieve that budget!  My goal will always be have the most awesome wedding for the least amount of money.  I would love to be a wedding planner, so we might use this as the first wedding I'm doing!  Yay!  And I'm doing it on a budget!  So, I said...for us to save X amount for the wedding (our guestimation cost) we will have to save CA per month.  Out of that, I can save A and can you save C?  We both agreed to save that amount...and then we talked about where to open a Wedding savings account or checking account.  It was all so easy!  We are going to start saving next month so that we have a bit of time to plan...

The saving part is going to be a bit rough.  I just need to get into the mindset of "NO SPENDING".  I always harp on Curt because he is the spender...but I am also a spender if I don't watch it!  He just buys big ticket items and I buy a lot of small ticket stuff.  Or stuff that is not needed.  So, I'm going to really have to watch that!  It shall be interesting!

While looking at the money stuff today and trying to figure out who owes what on the CC (we put rent and cable on the credit card), I started to tear up and get really overwhelmed!  For the record, I was also hungry and was talking to a weird person on the phone.  But I started to tear up!  I took a moment, collected myself and then moved on!  I was slightly annoyed that I teared up.  I mean it's the first month!  I'm sure there are going to be more trying times...and other things that will stress me out more!  But, for some reason money just makes me tear up the most!

Okay, so I have now had my first wedding dream and cry!  Smooth sailing from here...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment