Friday, January 10, 2014

Christmas Pictures

So taking pictures in my family is not any big deal!  Our Christmas pictures have always taken at least an hour!  We have to take pictures for every combination possible!  This cousin with that cousin, grand kids with aunts, grandparents, couples, sisters, bloods, non-bloods...I mean it gets nutty!  So, we started the family picture session!

I always get nervous that people are going to forget about Curt and I!  I'm not sure why any more, but I think when we first started dating I wanted people to know we were a serious couple.  So, I was always afraid they would stop taking pictures before we were able to get our couple pictures.  Or that people are going to get bored and move on before it's taken.  These types of events are some of the only pictures we have as a couple.  I should make that a New Year's resolution...take more pictures!

Anyway, so the grand kids took picture.  We took a picture with Grandmother- this picture is actually a really special one!  We aren't sure how much longer she will be with us!  So, it's awesome!  We even took a selfie with her!  Ha ha ha!  Then it was the Thompson's turn!

Family Picture, family picture with Grandma Thompson, Drew Thompson family...and then people said...who is next!  I started to jump in, when another group got up.  Then Drew and I had to take our annual Christmas Cousin Photo.  Then Sarah had to take one with a fake cousin...then the younger cousins.  Then it was the Arnott Family!  So, up we went.  Family picture check!  Parent picture check!  Peterson family check!  Sarah and Mike check!  Here is the weird thing that happened with Sarah and Mike.  They got up there and they couldn't figure out what to do with their hands.  It was so goofy!  They have been dating since they were 15...they have taken multiple couples pictures...they have taken multiple prom/homecoming pictures...somehow for one picture Mike's hand ended up on Sarah's boob!  It was just funny/goofy/crazy!

Finally it was my turn!  It wasn't even the last picture to be taken!  Ha ha ha!  We get up there and took our couple pic!  I just felt relieved!  Then we were done and Curt says we have one more picture to take.  I'm sure my face was one that said..."Oh geeze...what are you going to do now?"  I thought he was going to do something weird like Sarah and Mike's thing...ha ha ha!  Boy was I wrong!

He Proposed!!!  He stepped forward and my BIL tossed the ring box to him!  He said, I have loved you from the first time I saw you dance, and I will love you for forever!  Will you marry me!  I of course said yes!  Actually I think I said "Of Course!!!"  it was amazing!!!!  My sister was being skyped in without my knowing!  My whole family was taking pictures and video!  People were tearing up all over the place!  It was AMAZING to say the least!!!  Everything about it was perfect!

Sending a picture text to a few people!  I was so happy and I couldn't stop crying!  I was in such shock!  He said he wasn't going to propose on Christmas!  My sister told me he wasn't going to proposed on Christmas and even hinted at a few days in January...when it might happen!  I just couldn't believe it!  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEF0feTDcfs



I just kept looking at it!  People were asking what's the date?  What do you have planned so far?!?!?  I literally have nothing planned.  I mean there are a few small things that I want to do, but nothing major!  I worked really hard at not planning anything!  In the bottom right picture you can see my nails!  Dana convinced me to get a "party nail" as she called it!  She knew I was getting proposed too soon!  

I was told that they had been talking about it all day.  That I was so clueless!  At one point my mom said...not so loud and he replied she is playing with a baby right now.  She is not listening!  To be taken by such surprise is not an easy task for me.  I'm a snoopy person.  If I thought he might do it, I would have had one ear open all day listening to him!  I did not suspect a thing!  

So, I am apologizing in advance if this blog gets to be annoying with wedding talk!  You all can go read something else!  I'm going to plan an awesome wedding with a tight budget!  So, hold on to your hats folks!  I'm planning a wedding!

April of 2015...here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment