Saturday, June 1, 2013

Inspirational Saturday

Sometimes I stress because I don't look like a model.  Or I'm not eating the way I should be...or some other stupid reason that is just lame.  Then you talk to someone whose family member just hit a tree yesterday with their car and are in critical condition.  

It puts things in perspective!  Why am I stressing about silly things.  Yes, health is important and should not be taken for granted.  But does it deserve it's own power to cause me stress?  No, it does not!  

If you all are like me, and let food and exercise have that power...don't let it!  Be strong and know that you are in charge of what you eat!  How much you exercise!  Don't let it run your life!  It is no where near as important as being with your family!  Hanging with your friends!  Making sure that you are okay with yourself!  

If I go today, tomorrow, or 85 years from now...what are people going to remember me for?  For being thin?  For being overweight?  I hope not!  I want to be remembered for my heart!  For the love of my friends and family!  For how I loved working with the crazy middle school aged kids!  I want to be remembered for my laughing at everything and for making people laugh. 

So, the next time I start stressing about my weight or how I look or how I feel. I hope I remember that it's not all that important!  Once again, being healthy is important...but not important enough to stress about!  Hug your friends and family a little more today!  Happy Saturday folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment