Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I said yes to the dress!!!

I said Yes to the Dress!!!  This past Monday I said yes to an amazingly beautiful wedding dress!!!  But let's talk about the entire day!

The first appointment was at 11am at Ida's.  My mom and sisters Megan and Dana arrived first.  They realized that the location had moved.  When looking it up online the address still says Metcalf.  So, I didn't ever realize that it had moved.  My sister calls and says "don't freak out, but Ida's is no longer at that location."  For some reason I was calm as a cucumber and said okay I can call them.  She responded with, Megan is calling.  We found out the new location...a few minutes down the road...and met up there!

Having appointments on a Monday was amazing!  No one was in the store except one other bride.  Not like a Saturday where there might be up too 10 brides, it would be much crazier and being late would be a much bigger deal.  So, I tell the gal that I'm interested in Fit and Flare's!  I told her my budget was $1500 and off she went to find some dresses!

So, I started trying dresses on!  Every time I came out my niece Abby said "Oh, how beautiful!"  It was so amazing!  I tried on a fit and flare and realized that I did not like that style.  It was too tight on my legs.  I felt that I couldn't move.  So, I tried on some other styles and found a dress that I really liked.  It was different and in a year, I will post pictures.  But it was the one to beat.  Because it was different, I was not 100% sold on it.  Sometimes, when you wear something different...people say things that they think are compliments, but it's hard to hear it.  "Only you could wear that dress..." "I could never wear that...".  I know it's meant as a compliment, but when you hear it enough...it sucks!  So, I was not sold, but I was boosting myself up!  The dress was $1750 (but they were going to give it to me for $1500).  The veil was $375.  So, I was looking at $1875- In my head I thought I can go up to $2000 with everything.

Next we went to Belle Vogue!  A few years ago, I worked at David's Bridal.  The gal who hired me there now works at Belle Vogue!  She opened the store just for us!  The dresses were beautiful!  Once again I mentioned my budget and she was off!  I tried on several different dresses!  They were beautiful!  Whenever Ann would leave I would say, do you like this better than the other dress?  The answers were yes and no!  Then we found a dress that was just a good as the Ida's dress.  BV's dress was more bridal and Ida's dress was more fun!  At this time Ann said, I have one more dress for you to try on.  So, that dress went on and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!  I walked over to the mirror and just started tearing up!  It was just amazing!  So, I turned around and everyone saw that I was tearing up...so they teared up!

Then Ann added a gorgeous veil, a bracelet, earrings!  It's just beautiful!  We did a wonderful reveal again and everyone just gasped! It was so amazing!  Ann had said, every once in a while a designer will send 2 dresses.  One goes to be a sample in the store and the other dress goes to the sale rack.  Even if they got the dress yesterday.  So, she said do you want to know the price?  I said okay...the dress was $1700 marked down to $699!  What!!!  Oh my goodness!  The veil, which I thought would be more expensive was $185.  And since I knew Ann, I got her discount of 30%.  So with everything- Dress, veil, headpiece, earrings, bracelet the total was around $1000!

The best part was when I was going to pay for everything (so far under budget) and I found out that my parents paid for my dress.  They had said that they would paid for the dress no matter what, but were so happy that the dress I loved was on sale!  Ha ha ha!

So, I said Yes to the Dress!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment