Monday, March 4, 2013

The last 3 weeks in one post...sorry!

Okay, so I went away for a few weeks...that sounds weird...like I went to rehab or something.  For the record I did not go to rehab or anything...these last few weeks have just been crazy...let me explain...

February 10-16th- I am pretty sure that I wrote during this week.  But Friday the 15th we were off of school because of Parent/Teacher Conferences.  Then the 16th was the audition clinic for the Chiefs Cheerleader Auditions (keep reading for the results).  I felt pretty good about all of the dancing, but I kept getting winded.  I feel as if that is an understatement.  We would do a small section of the dance...and I would feel as if I couldn't breath.  Literally, bent over huffing and puffing.  I never felt like I was dying or anything crazy like that...just totally worn out.  But I kept on dancing and smiling as if nothing was wrong, because it's an audition and I don't want these people to think I'm out of shape or lame and can't breath!  Ha haha...


February 17-23- The 18th of Feb. was President's day...and it was the start of Tech Week for Beauty and the Beast!  So, that was a crazy night.  Tuesday and Wednesday I went to school then straight to CYT for tech week.  I was so exhausted, from the rehearsals...and then whenever I could I would practice my audition dance.  Thursday and Friday were snow days.  We found out Wednesday night that school was canceled for Thursday!!!  It snowed like 12 inches in 4 hours...crazy!  I will post pics here in a second.

This first picture was taken at 7am as I was taking Chandler out.  The second picture was taken one hour later.

 So, I stayed home and practiced my dance, went over Chiefs trivia, and stressed...it was not the most fun of days. Friday was the same...practice dance, trivia, get stuff together (the Chiefs auditions were moved to Saturday instead of Friday night).  I also went to the Dr. and got diagnosed with Exercise Induced Asthma.  So I got an inhaler!  Friday night was opening night for Beauty and the Beast!  I got to see the show and it was awesome!!!  Saturday morning I had to be at the Chiefs Stadium at 7am in full hair and makeup!  It was a very early morning.  We did both dances and then waited to see if we made it.  I felt like I did the best that I could.  I left everything on the stage and had nothing to complain about.  But I got cut...so I was bummed!  My friend however, made it all the way through to the finals.  She did not make the team either.  But after a day, I was okay with not making it!  And am excited to see what is in store for me!  Here is a pic of me on audition morning!  P.S.  Step 2 for more blonde happened on the 18th!  I love it!!!

The rest of the weekend was filled with Beauty and the Beast!  The kids were so sweet to me, telling me that I should have made the chiefs and telling me that they were dedicating their performance to me!  It's a good example that you are not always going to make it...no matter how good you are.  It was awesome to see the kids perform...so it was a win/lose situation no matter how you looked at it!  But it was not in the plans for me this year!  Which means...that something else awesome is going to happen!  Can't wait to see what!!!

February 24-March 1- I went to school Monday- exhausted from the weekend of shows and auditions.  It was just a tense week for me!  Tuesday and Wednesday were snow days again!!!  This time I really enjoyed myself!  I took naps all the time, read a book, baked cookies, and just enjoyed my time!  It probably snowed another 6-10 inches over the course of 12 hours.  This time the snow was wet and heavy!  Below you will see Chandler looking over the pile of snow towards our normal walking route.  With all the snow we have had to use alternate routes.

The snow was taller than my little puppy!  I'm glad I held off on getting his hair cut!  He would have been frozen the last few weeks in all the snow!  When I went back to school on Thursday and Friday, I went from school to rehearsal for BVMS show.  They open on Wednesday!  Plus playing catch up for the 4 snow days!  It was just a crazy time!


March 3-9- So far this week has not been too bad.  But I guess it's only day 2.  Ha ha ha!  So, yesterday I auditioned for The Theatre in the Park!  I feel as if I did great!  I left happy with my audition and am now waiting to see if I get called back.  I'm trying to have a "I am not getting any callbacks" attitude.  Because then if I don't get any...it will be okay.  It's a little hard since my mind is normally positive and thinks...what if I get called back for everything...oh dear!  Isn't there an in between that I can rest at?  Today has been a pretty good day...but that could be because it's my birthday!!!  Yes, folks...I'm 31!!!  I can't believe it's already here!!!  Tonight I'm going to BVMS' last rehearsal!!!  And then heading over to celebrate with my friends and watch "The Bachelor: Women Tell All"!  It should be a fun night!  The rest of the week is still up for grabs...Except for the weekend...I want to relax (and hopefully go to callbacks), but mainly relax!




Here I am with the brownie from one of my Counselors!  I love brownies!!!  My mom made me brownies as well as the school nurse!!!  So, it is a brownie of a day for me!!!  I am sharing...for the record...even though I don't want too.  Ha haha!


Alright, that is my little novel for today!  I have filled you in and apologize for the lack of writing these past few weeks!  But I'm back and will hopefully be reporting some fun stuff...and some crafty stuff now that all of my shows are done!  We shall see what is in store for this here blog!  Okay...byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment