Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wedding Moment Breakdown

Let's take a minute to look back...

Back in November my parents spoke to a medium.  I was there in the room with them and she told me that I would be getting engaged in 6-8.  She said up in heaven their time is different than it is here on earth.  She said when they say 6-8 it could be hours, days, weeks, months...and I guess years...but that best not be the case.  Ha ha ha!  Now to I believe in mediums?  Yes!  I believe that God gave people gifts to help heal and let us say good bye to our loved ones.  Or to make sure that they are okay and happy on the other side.  Now, would I ever live my live based on what a medium says?  No!  I'm not going to make a decision based on what they say nor wait around for something that they said to come true.  

With all that being said...I know that a proposal is coming...I'm not sure when, but the numbers 6-8 have been in my head since November.  6-8 days after the meeting...there was nothing.  It wasn't even a special day or anything.  6-8 weeks was around Christmas/New Years.  Lucky for me Curt had said "I'm not proposing to you over the Holiday's".  Unlucky for me, I have this unending optimism!  Half of my mind was saying "He is not going to propose" and the other half of my mind kept saying "I would I wasn't proposing...if I was actually proposing".  So, it was a slightly rough holiday season.  The fight inside my mind was raging for weeks.  Ha ha ha!  

So, after the holiday season was over and I was not engaged...I was looking forward to around my birthday month.  One time he mentioned possibly doing it around my birthday.  So, that was the next time I was looking forward too!  So, I was happy that school was starting again after winter break.  I was glad that I was so busy so that time would pass by quickly.  And it did!  I was tired from all that I was doing, but I knew that if could just make it past these two shows and a couple of auditions...I would be alright!  So, I finished my shows, I auditioned for my stuff, and I paid off my bills...but alas...there was no proposal!  

Spring Break happened and once again Curt said "I will not be proposing to you over Spring Break".  This time I was able to agree with that in my head...or at least 95% of my head.  There was 5% of my brain that still tried to say...who wouldn't want to propose to me on vacation...or on top of a mountain?  The only good thing is that my brain kept saying "do you really want to get proposed to while away from your family?"  Overall the answer was always no!  So, I was okay with not getting proposed too over Spring Break.

So, now it brings me to the current day.  I am now thinking that he won't propose until the summer.  The funny thing is is that it will be 6-8 months from when my folks spoke to the medium and she mentioned that I was getting proposed too.  It's funny how some things work out like that.  The good thing about being proposed to in this summer is that I'm excited to come back to school.  Once again I'm excited to have the weeks fly by and for the time to pass.  I guess, I will just have to wait and see when he proposes!!!

Alright, so this post has been crazy...I know that!  I know that I should be just enjoying my time and enjoying the things I'm doing...but it's hard!  

So, here is the deal...I am not going to look at wedding stuff, nor really talk about getting married unless someone asks me, nor plan anything until I have been proposed to!  I'm going to try and pretend that I don't want to get married as bad as I do...I'm going to pretend he is waiting to see if I'm ready to be married...who am I kidding?  Oh well, I can do the first couple of things.  No wedding talk, no wedding look ups...!!!

On a totally different note, I'm also excited to get summer here because I'm ready for warm weather, I'm ready for camp, I'm ready to not be going to the same place as I have been all of the school year.  I'm ready for a more relaxed schedule (kind of) and ready to be living with Curt!  So, there you have it folks!  I'm peacing out the wedding talk in 5, 4, 3, 2...

1 comment:

  1. A little update, for those who care...anyone? No? Okay, well I care! So poo on you! Curt actually proposed 6 months after moving in together! So, the Medium was correct! It was 6-8...we just didn't know when that 6-8 would start! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete