Monday, March 25, 2013

Post Spring Break Post

Hello Folks,
So I'm back from Spring Break!!!  There are good and bad things about being back to work.
#1.  I'm back at work!  I am really good at not working, so having to go back after a wonderful 9 days off...is just a little sad.  I know, I know for all of you who don't get Spring Break...I can hear you making fun of me.  Which is okay...but I'm still sad for me!  Ha ha ha

#2  The good thing about coming back is that the money will start coming in again!  That is good news for the obvious reasons...I need money to keep rolling in!  Even though I have all of my credit card paid off I still have the "Medical/Car fund" to pay off.  So, I am trying to work like mad to get that paid off ASAP!

#3  The other good thing about starting work up again...is that it means that summer is moving closer as well!  So, as of today there are 68 more days until School is out.  That is counting everything...weekends, days off, holidays...everything!  So...oh my goodness...that is so few days!  I'm excited for summer...it means a change of pace on the daily routine!  Working at the summer camp Re-ACT!!!  Which is amazing!  Picture working with your best friends...throw in some singing, dancing, and Bela Zangler (okay...no Bela Zangler this summer) and you have yourselves an awesome summer!!!  Plus I want to do some projects this summer and I'm trying to work out my work schedule so that I can have a weekend.  On top of that I might be living with Curt by then...so that is very exciting as well!!!  It is also a little weird to think about.  Living with someone else in a different house than I currently am.  I'm trying to plan some stuff...but really I have no idea where I will be living or if it will make sense to work where I want to work...so that is a big question mark.

So, this past week Curt and I went to Colorado!  It was our first trip by ourselves for an extended period of time.  So I was a little nervous.  I mean...what if we can't stand to be with each other for that long?  Ahhh...it was just crazy to think about.  But not only did we survive...I think we are even better for it!  We survived a 10 hour car ride (14 hours on the way home...in a blizzard) and came out on the other side more in love!

I realized a few things about myself over this trip...I tend to want a lot of reassurance.  I'm not sure why that is...but it's something that I want to work on.  I probably knew that before I went on this trip...but Curt asked me that while in CO.  And I did not have an answer for him.  So, while that annoyed me at the time...it also made me think...why do I need people to tell me that I did a good job, or that I look good today, or that they love me, or are proud of me.  I mean, it's always nice to hear that stuff...but I kind of need to hear it a lot.  So...again something for me to look into!

I also learned (cough cough...already knew) that I'm a little tightly wound.  I like things to be perfect...and when they are not it can affect my mood and behavior.  So, once again it's something that I need to work on.  However, I feel as if I did pretty well while on the trip...or at least was able to recognize myself getting all sorts of bent out of shape...and fix it!  Ha ha ha...I guess when there aren't too many distractions you have the time to focus on yourself.

A good thing, was for me to have to make some choices.  I make decisions every day...but when it comes to Curt, I sometimes make the choice that I know he would want me to pick.  Does that make sense?  For example, if there is a basketball game on that I know Curt wants to watch...but I don't...I will normally say "I want to watch the game", then I normally end up being grumpy or resenting him for that choice.  Which is totally not fair.  So, this trip...I really tried to take what I want into account!  I wanted to go up to the Mountain Top Amusement Park- which package to do was tough...but I did the one I wanted to do!  And sometimes I chose dinner based only on what I wanted!  As I'm typing this, you people (who don't know me) might be thinking well that is a little selfish...but for me...it's something that I need to get better at.  I am not saying that it's all about me all the time...but I don't want it to be all about Curt for me either.  So, it's a balance that I'm trying to work out!

The last thing that was pretty obvious on a few occasions were how we spoke to each other and how we moved past it.  Lately we tend to hear things the way we want to hear them.  Which is so buggy!  You can say something one way...and they hear it in a totally opposite way...so things can get heated pretty fast.  Anyway, there were a few times when that happend...but we did a really nice job at getting back to being in good moods.  Quick apologies...or just moving on when it was needed.  One of the times was during the blizzard.  While it was a stressful time anyway...and we both jumped to a stressed tone...it only lasted for a brief moment before we said...this is silly...and were able to move on!

Overall, it was an amazing trip and I am now having separation anxiety.  Ha ha ha, not really!  But yesterday all I wanted to do was tell stories about my trip with Curt.  Or to just be with Curt.  But with the weather and then the KU game was on (he went to his friends to watch it)...it was a little rough on me!  I have this trouble with anyone when I'm with them for so much and then it stops...so it's not only Curt...but I think it's a little worse with Curt!!!  So, I"m not sure when I will see him again...sad face!

Okay...moving back to a happy topic...only 68 more days until school is out!!!  Here are a few pics of our Trip!

 The first picture is of us about 2 hours into the trip!!!  It's about 4:30 am...he looks so hot in this picture!!!  The next picture is of me riding up to the Mountain Amusement Park!  I love this pic of myself (which I don't normally do)...way to rock that pic!

Here is Curt our first night there!  We could not decide where to go and I was getting HANGRY!  So I said, let's just go to the Double Dog Pub!  It sounded cute and had pub food (yum) which sounded amazing!  That pushed Curt into saying...how about we go to the Doc Holliday Saloon & Tavern!  Having watched a few Western's I said okay to Doc Holliday's!  


To the left is a pic of Curt and I as we about to go swimming in the Hot Springs Pool!  The temp outside is about 36 degrees.  The temp in the pool is about 95 degrees!  It felt great, but getting out of the water was a nightmare!
To the right is a pic of our drive home.  It was a bit of a blizzard!  Curt was an amazing driver he is my hero!  I Love him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment