Monday, December 10, 2012

My speedy weekend

 
Okay, so this weekend was a pretty busy weekend.  What weekend is not a busy weekend?  I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.  I'm going to go with good, because that means that I'm getting stuff done and checked off the list!

Okay, so last Friday I made some pretty awesome (if I do say so myself) light switch covers!!!  I am totally in love with the one for our New York room and the one for the bathroom is really cute as well!

 
So here is what the New York Rooms light switch plate looked like before.  It was a fish themed room back in the day (7-10 years ago)

Now it's the New York Room!!!  I printed a picture off the internet and modge podge it on to the light plate!  So amazing!!!

Here is actually on the wall!  I can't wait for our first guests to come stay!  13 more days until my sister arrives!
Here is the Bathroom Switch plate.  It matches a picture that I made for $2.  For this I used scrapbook paper and modge podged it on.  It was easier and more durable than regular paper! 


Here you see the matching picture and then the pic and the light plate.  I kind of want to do the outlet thing as well.  It looks a little left out here in this last picture.

To modge podge a light plate:
1. clean light plate
2. Put modge podge on the light plate and on the back of the paper you are using to cover it.
3. Cut the corners so they will fold (almost like a christmas present)
4. Add a little more modge podge and fold the sides over the plate.
5. Fold the corners and the top and bottom portions of the pate.
6. Cut a hole for the light switch to go through
7. Put an extra layer or two over your entire light plate so that you are able to wipe it down if needed. 
8.  Then let it dry and hang it on your wall!

This weekend I also went to an Ugly Christmas Sweater skating party!!! I stayed on my feet the entire time. There was one time where I tried to do an arabesque and almost fell. But I didn't. I also stopped trying to do Arabesques. Ha ha ha! I didn't have an ugly sweater to wear so I wore a shirt that said "Home Sweet Home" with a ginger bread house on it. It was cheesy and a little ugly! The best part was that I wore Chirstmas Bows in my hair!!! Loved that!!! Here are some pics with my nephews and neice skating!


Here you see Abby and Ryan.  Abby was too little to skate so she just walked around and said hello to everyone.  Ryan was able to skate, but did not like it one bit.  I took him around the rink and he did great except for the constant crying and being afraid that he was going to fall.  Let's take a moment and ahhh at the TINY tiny skates that Ryan has on!!!

Here is Luke with his friend.  He did not enjoy skating much either.  But for the most part he was a trooper!  They had these really cute skating walkers for the kids.  You can see it in this picture, it's some type of piping with wheels!  So neat!!! 

After the skate party they let us dance on the skating rink!  I wonder if they knew it was a party of theatre people who love to dance!  Here my family is doing the Cha Cha Slide!  My brother-in-law, cousin, and the little newphew and niece!
I had to take a picture of Little Abby doing the part in Cha Cha Slide where they say "Hands on your Knee's".  It was so cute, I could barely stand it!
Here are my Chrsitmas hair bows!!!
 
 

 My Sunday was filled with the Church Christmas Program (my nephews were adorable and funny), a nap, and of course a few crafts!!!  This coming Saturday is the 2nd Annual Holiday of Fun with Aunt Amy.  I can't figure out a decent title for the day.  Anyway, I watch the kids while my sister and brother in law go get all of their Christmas Shopping done and wrapped!  I love this day, my sister and brother in law love this day, and I hope that my nephews and neice love this day as well.  I was thinking of doing some baking with them...so I made them Winter Aprons! 

I have seen this several times on Pinterest!  And have had it pinned for ages.  But when it came to actually making it, this is the site I used!  Great tutorial and really easy to understand!  http://preachmanswife.blogspot.com/2012/01/childs-apron-tutorial.html

I did change 2 of my aprons since I have nephews.  I wanted them to look more like Chef's aprons instead of Kitchen aprons.  I am 99% sure that they will be huge on the kids, but they can grow into them right?  Oh well...it was my first attempt and I didn't have any measurements!  I'm happy with how they turned out!




Alright!  I'm on to the next craft and getting ready for my 2nd Annual Aunt Amy Day of Holiday Fun!  Wow that is a lot to say...A to the third DHF?  I'll keep working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment