Thursday, December 6, 2012

Merry Craftsmas!!!

Holy moly I haven't posted in a few days and I have done so much...and have been a sicky baby!  So, where to start...

Monday- I had the opportunity to go into my 18th job.  I pulled into the parking lot and with the help of my sister, Dana (we can talk each other out of just about anything...ha ha ha) I decided to go home instead.  I'm not sure if I mentioned it but right now, I'm choreographing 2 shows, helping with my church Christmas program, working part time, and working full time.  To say that I work myself to the bone might just be an understatment.  Ha ha ha, oh well!  Remember I'm trying to pay off my bills by Feb.  But when I'm going nuts, I slack on going into my part time job because...well...because I can. 
So, home I went to see what my folks were doing!  And to get some crafts done!  So, here is what I have finished!!! 

I made White Christmas pillows!!!  I saw on Pinterest (my best friend after my boyfriend and sisters) this lady just wrote on the fabric with sharpie!  http://dearlillieblog.blogspot.com/2010/11/little-christmas-project.html.  So I got out a pencil and paper to see if I could write like she did.  Mine wasn't as good, but I felt pretty confident.  And I didn't really have any other options as $$$ is limited!  So I went to Jo-Ann's the day after Thanksgiving which was a mad house and bought some fabric!  Here is how they turned out!
This first picture is the covers just laying on my work space!

Here they are with the pillows inside of them!

 


For the record, I sat with the pillow covers ready to write White Christmas for 3-4 hours.  I was so nervous that I was going to mess it up!  My folks loved the pillows (they can be tough critics) and have asked me to write other stuff for them. Which makes me really nervous.
Oh, by the way the back of the pillow is tied.  I also found that on Pinterest, but I can't find that pin at the moment!  If I find it, I will come and update this post!

My mom had also asked me to make a valence for her kitchen.  My cousin-in-law is this amazing creative person who is talented at just about everything she does (picture me but on a high dose of crack).  Last year she made my aunt and uncle placemats for every holiday!  They were amazing and super cute!  My mom always wanted something like it...then I suggested that I wanted to make a valence for over her kitchen sink!  She was thrilled and now wants one for every season and holiday!  So, I"m glad that I could do something for her like this!!!
It's the Christmas Valence!  And my first time to make a curtain!!!  Yay me!!!
 
Okay, I will tell you all about our New York room next time I'm on here!  I don't have all the pics that I want...so you will just have to wait! 

On Tuesday I had rehearsal and felt super crappy!  So, Wednesday I stayed home from work.  And like a good person I would not let myself do any crafts!  Even though I really wanted too!  I did however put my christmas sheets on my bed!  Yahoo!!!  I still have several projects that I would like to get done before the Holiday season is over...but I guess we will see how far along we get!

Even though I was sick yesterday I did go to the chiropractor!  They said I have been progressing beautifully and will now only have to go twice a week!!!  Have I told you about my messed up neck?  I guess that might be a blog for another time! 

Tonight I get to go straight home and do a bit of crafting and then I might go see my boyfriend play basketball!!!  I'm so excited because I haven't really seen him all week with our schedules and me being sick!  So, yay for that! 

Okay tune back in later to see some of the other crafts I have been doing!






No comments:

Post a Comment