Thursday, November 13, 2014

Ceremony Decorations

So, I'm starting to try to put the small stuff together.  What decorations will be where?  I'm working on the Ceremony location and whenever I try to look up ideas...the most eloborate ideas come up.  Yes, would I like to have fabric covering the walls and uplights everywhere?  Yes, I would.  But that is not in my budget.

I want to see some normal decorations as well.  Something that will fit into a normal person's budget!  My church is not very church like.  Originally it was supposed to be a "gym" like place...I'm not sure if that is still the plan.  Then the church was going to be built afterwards.  And maybe it still will be...but I don't know.  So, there are some basketball lines, blue carpet on the stage, their used to be pretty fabric in the windows but them someone didn't like it?!?!  I"m not sure, so now it looks like there is cardboard stuck in the window's.

I know that I will be using 2 candleobera's for the wedding.  They are brass..but maybe we can wrap them with tulle and make them not so brassy.  They will be in the 2 openings on either side of the main stage.  There will be a cross somewhere on the stage.  But that is it!

I'm at a total loss and once again the internet has a big budget that I don't have.  My church does not have all that many weddings so there aren't any pictures to help say "You could do this look" or "Here do you like this look?"  We don't really have a theme "rustic vintage" or shabby chic...it's more...DIY/have fun theme!  So, that doesn't help me all that much.

They asked about a runner...I said no.  What if I trip or something.  I was thinking a wall of twinkle lights behind the pulpit.  Or maybe some lanterns with lights in them.  Once again, nothing is hitting the spot.  I kind of want to take over the wedding thing at my church.  It wasn't presented in a very good way.  And when I asked about decor...I was told, "We don't take care of our stuff very well.  If you find something you want to use, we can put it aside for you".  Um, what?  But I want to get what I want down so that if I need to purchase anything, I can do a black Friday or a day after christmas type of shopping event and get it all taken care of!

Here is what I know:
I feel like the stage is plain.
I want something to swag down the center isle so people can't go into the center isle.
Do we put something on the floor or the rows?
I would like to try to make a paper pom pom thing.

I guess that is a good start.  I have a few weeks before the black friday shopping and 40-some days until the Christmas shopping.  I will hopefully have it nailed down from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment