Monday, August 12, 2013

Weight gain...and a viral infection? I thought my weekend was good...

Okay, so 6 days ago I wrote about getting fit!  I have not exactly been doing great on that...but I'm determined to keep going!  I have worked out twice in the last week!  If I can just keep that number going up...I will be amazing!

One of my big changers, was the fact that on Saturday, we hosted a baby shower for my cousin-in-law!  It was great, but the dramatic part happened before I even got to the shower location!  I could not fit into any of the clothes I tried on!  I tried on multiple outfits...and nothing was working.  I ended up in a dress...but I had to really work to get it zipped up!  So, that was pretty discouraging...and I'm going to really try to work on that!

So, yesterday, I did an AB workout and an Inner Thigh workout.  I figure if I can do a different workout each day, I will touch on all parts of my body!  I would still like to go to the gym, I feel that it's the best arm workout...and back workout, if I can figure out a few of the machines.  But for legs and abs...an at home routine is the way to go!

Today, my abs are a bit sore and my inner thighs are killing me!  Which means tomorrow might suck just a bit!  But, I'm going to go with "It's a great feeling" because it means I'm working out!  So, go me!

The other crazy thing that happened to me, was a viral infection in both of my eyes!  Yahoo!!!  For the past month, my eyes have been stinging, red, and sensitive to light.  They have also felt swollen and dry!  I finally went in (2 weeks vacation and 2 weeks of improper terms to the eye doctor) resulted in me waiting for a month to see the Dr.  Anyway, I'm on steroids!  The really bad thing...is that I'm not allowed to wear my contacts for a month!  That is just terrible news, if I ever heard of any!

So, that might not seem like terrible news to you all.  But I don't like my current pair of glasses.  I went cheap on the lenses, so they are coke bottle thick, and the prescription on them is 7 years old.  So, now I feel ugly and I can't see all that well!  Ha ha ha!  My only bonus on this issue, is that am going to get a new pair of glasses!  Yahoo!!!

Okay, that is all of my drama for today.  Check back for posts about the Baby Shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment