Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I'm getting fit! And this time it's for real! Ha ha ha

Alright, so yesterday Monday August 5th, 2013...I started my weight loss plan!  I need to lose about 15lbs.  Now, when I say "need to lose", I don't really mean need to lose.  I don't want people who read this to think that I'm some crazy person who thinks she needs to weigh 10lbs.  However, I don't have the extra money to buy new clothes that fit!  So, that is where the "needs to lose" weight comes into play.  I can not fit into any of my clothes without being super muffin topy or extremely uncomfortable.  So, that means I need to eat less and workout more!

All of this is easier said than done!  Why?  Because I love to eat and I don't really enjoy working out.  So, I am going to have to change my mind set!  Write down what I eat and when I work out!  I'm going to tell you all my weight and show pictures of my now weight with progress!  So, if it's going to annoy you...then go away!  If you want some help being motivated or something like that...maybe this will help you.  Either way, it's what I'm doing!  I will be reporting on what I ate the day before and doing a weigh in thing once a week (my goal is also weigh in pictures as well)!

Monday- August 5th, 2013-
Breakfast- 2 cinnamon pop tarts with 2 glasses of skim milk
Snack- Apple sauce (the pre-packaged ones)
Lunch-Leftover fetticini Alfredo (not so good, but I didn't eat all of it).
Snack-3 cookies (the little pillsbury ones)
Dinner- About 2 pieces of pizza
Workout- None

Okay, so my afternoon did not go all that well!  I mean, I had the best of intentions to work out...but then I got side tracked by looking up stuff for a Baby Shower I'm hosting this Saturday with my sister.  Needless to say it was bad news bears!  So, on my way to the Bachelorette viewing party, I had a little talk with myself.  I need to not be so hard on myself.  Well that is not what I want to say, I need to realize that I can't cut things out that I love!  I love sweets.  So telling myself that I"m not going to eat them is just setting myself up to fail.  So, I need to try and not eat so many sweets!  Sarah put it perfectly, you have to do everything in moderation!  So, that is my goal!  So far, I feel as if I have done okay!  Left overs are a big deal to me...so once again I ate my Fetticini Alfredo (today with shrimp) left overs for lunch.  However the portion was a lot smaller than yesterday.

The other thing I'm trying to do is drink more water!  So far today I have had 4 glasses.  My 5th and 6th glass is sitting right here and I'm hoping to drink it before I leave today!  Woot woot go me!

Here comes the tough part!  The part that I don't really want to do, but if I don't then why am I talking about it?  I'm going to put my weight and some pictures of myself that I took last night!  It was hard to take the pictures and hard to look at them.  But I'm hoping that it will help motivate me to do better!

I did not take measurements like I wanted too, but I was happy that I got the pictures taken!
I weigh 150.  It's not a bad weight, it just doesn't work for me.  These first 2 pictures are of my in workout shorts and a sports bra.  Yes, I went and changed into these clothes for the picture, then I changed out of them.  Ha ha ha!

 

And these next two pictures are of me in my "Nice Jeans"!  The only pair I have that are a great length and used to be a great fit as well!



So, these pants look a little painted on as well as a little too tight!

Here we go for motivation!  I am thinking it's working pretty well thus far!

I thought about blacking out my face, but then realized the chances of people re-posting this pic seems slim to none!  And if they do, I guess I should feel flattered!

Alright folks, I'm throwing out the dessert I have been eating (about half way through) and I'm going to start to change how I look and feel!  Now is the time to change as well!  Take pics of yourself for motivation.  You don't have to post them or anything, but be honest with yourself!  And then see the difference!  Not only on the scale, but in inches!

Okay, I'm out today!

1 comment:

  1. How's the progress coming, Amy? Losing weight is a long process, full of trying times and sacrifices. One must not lose sight of their goals and always remember why they even wanted to lose weight. Eating properly and regular exercise are overused terms for losing weight, but that doesn't make these two any less effective. Good luck, and I know you can do it! :)

    Carmelia Paradise @ NW Cross Fit

    ReplyDelete