Friday, December 4, 2015

Days 3, 4 and a little of 5 of this workout! Plus a crazy schedule!

Today is day 5 of the LiveFit challenge!  I have done better than I thought I would!  After the first 2 days...the eating was better!  I was eating a bit more and the sugar headaches were gone!

Food
I have had rice and egg whites for breakfast...then yesterday and today I added avocado with it!  That really made it do-able!
Greek yogurt with strawberries for a snack
Turkey, a spinach salad, and sweet potatoes for lunch!
On Wednesday evening I had sirloin steak wrapped in bacon- was it on the list?  Probably not, but it was a 5 oz serving...so I was feeling okay.  I also had asparagus with it!
Then last night I had a bowl of rice chex mix!
The amazing thing for me is the no snacking!  Meaning no sweet treats!  We had snacks ( a lot of yummy holiday desserts at the office on Tuesday) and I didn't touch anything!  Wednesday evening at the Christmas Program rehearsal there was a snack mix with marshmellow's and m&m's!  And I said...I can have one m & m or one marshmello...that won't hurt!  Then I said no!  Because then you would have one of something else...and it would be down hill from there!  Then on Thursday it was Treat Day and everyone brought a dessert of some kind!  It's as if everyone knows that I am trying to eat better and they are testing me!  Well, folks...I am passing with flying colors!  I did not eat a single thing!  I didn't even feel the need to go and smell it!  So, I was pretty proud of myself!  Then last night I was getting home from rehearsal and wanted/needed a snack (a bowl of cereal at 6:15 is not going to last very long)...my first snack thought was carrots and hummus!  What?!?!?  Just the night before carrots and hummus did not cross my mind as snacks!  All I wanted was a snickers bar or something of the sort!  Yahoo!!!  So, last night as I was getting my salad ready for today...I also made myself a veggie plate!  It was yummy!

Workout
Yesterday's workout was shoulders and abs!  I kind of wish they would do more with the abs...but it was only the first day so, I will wait and see!  I started off with 10lb weights, moved down to 7lb weights and then ended with 5lb weights.  I was afraid with doing all of the shoulder moves that I would end up dropping the weights on my head since my arms were feeling like jello!  Today, my shoulders are sore and my abs are sore...but what is killing me today (and yesterday) are my legs!  I mean...they are really hurting!  I'm used to my thighs hurting.  I can handle that!  In fact they have hurt worse in my past...one time i worked out so hard that my leg muscles gave out on me and I fell down the stairs.  It's okay to laugh...I wasn't hurt!  And they tried to give out when I was just walking as well!  So, yes, my thighs hurt but it's whatever!  What I was not expecting was the pain in my calf muscles!  Who would have thought that 70 calf/toe raises would hurt so bad!  It's like an unexpected jolt of pain every time I stand and walk!  It kind of sucks...but then it reminds me of what terrible shape I'm in!

Day 5, 6, 7...
I now have 3 rest days in a row!  Thank goodness!  So far I'm eating well today...I am nervous for this weekend.  I have rehearsal tonight, a Christmas party tomorrow night, and then a day off on Sunday!  I'm going to have to be good and really be aware of what I'm eating!  My goal is to not have any bad snacks.  I would also love to not have a drink...but a glass of wine might be needed...ha ha ha!  We shall see!  I will report more on Monday!

One more thing...my schedule is getting kind of crazy!  So, I'm really trying to stay calm.  I have a schedule-claustrophobia.  When my schedule gets too crazy I start feeling really overwhelmed!  I guess here is my schedule
Friday- Work, take Chan out, make dinner, and head to rehearsal, rehearsal
Saturday- Teach dance, school, Christmas party
Sunday- rehearse for Children's program at church
Monday- Work, musical auditions, ballet
Tuesday- Work, a different musical audition, CYT
Wednesday- Work, musical callbacks, Children's Program rehearsal
Thursday- Work...what?  that is it?
Friday- Work, Christmas party
Saturday- Christmas program rehearsal, Christmas party
Sunday- Children's Christmas Program

So, as you can see...the next 10 days are a bit crazy!  After those 10 days we have one week of school left...but there is also the Ballet which will be Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!  So...that will be nuts!  But school will be out after and I can relax!

Can I make it through this crazy couple of days?  Yes...I just have to think about it one day at a time!  If I go all together it will get to be too much!  Okay- I'm out!  Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment