Friday, December 6, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

The last time I wrote, I was talking about decorating my house for the Holiday's!  I had planned a few days to get it done...but those did not work out.  I was tired on one day- lame excuse I know and then my mom asked me over for dinner- totally legit reason!  So, all I had was Tuesday.  Curt was supposed to be home on Wednesday.  How was I going to surprise him with a Christma-tized house?

So, I woke up early on Tuesday to workout!  I love working out in the morning.  I just wish it didn't have to be quite so early in the morning.  Ha haha!  But I did it, so that I could decorate after work!  And decorate I did!  I moved the furniture Monday night so that I could jump right in when I got home!  And I did!
Here are the before shots!  I moved the couch and both chairs (because I tried one, didn't like it, then moved the other one)!  I also moved the dining room table to the corner thinking to could look nice- it did not!  So I moved it back.  Ha ha ha!  Trial and Error! 




Then I brought out the Christmas Decorations!!!

 Then I chose to put the tree up first!  I figured it was the Kitchen Sink of the decorations!  This is my first tree to have as an adult in my own place!  After a few scratches and figuring out how the lights work!  The tree is up and working!  Yahoo!!!  So pretty!
 Then I got on a roll and went nuts!  I would add Christmas lights to everything if I had an endless supply!  I have also realized that I would like to add Garland to everything as well, but it's so messy and in an apartment, there is no space to store it!
Here is the dinning room, how it ended up!  These plates were my Grandmother's!  They are green with Holly's on them!  I loved them from the moment I saw them and when my folks asked if I wanted them, of course I said yes!  Mugs, bowls, salad plates, and big plates!  It makes me want to have people over for dinner, just so we can eat dinner on these plates!  Maybe I will ask my folks!
 Did anyone forget about the ladder?  I need to send these pictures to the woman that let me have the ladder!  I wrapped ribbon around the rungs and then added ornaments!  This type of picture was the inspiration for my getting the ladder in the first place!  Plus it's an amazing blanket holder!  Love love love!
 Here is my tree with my new Tree Skirt!  You can also see the stockings hung!  Curt, Chandler and I have matching stockings!!!  Chandler's has a paw print, Curt's has a C, and mine has an A!  I love it!

This second picture is with all of the lights turned off!  You can really get the feeling of Christmas!

Here the other side of the room!  You can see the outside lights, my new tall lamp.  The Christmas Ladder!  They new pillows!  The Christmas Blankets!  I also filled my lantern with Christmas Ornaments- but I think I will get some more before I take a picture of it!  Love this room!  It's so cozy with all the lights and decorations!

 On the counter going into the kitchen I have put up a cookie jar (I should probably fill that) and some Christmas nick-knacks!
 On the left you can see some of the hanging signs I have collected over the years!

On the right you can see the sign that I picked up on Black Friday!  It is the words to The Christmas Song





 These pictures are kind of weird because it's just a random wall.  The Noel sign belonged to my Grandmother!  It's hung on the wall going into the bathroom!

The towels are in the bathroom, but I loved them since they are KU colored!  Hee hee hee!

 This little guy on the left is one of my favorite things!  I think he is such a cute snowman!  You can see a better pic below!

On the right are some Christmas Star candles and some snowman lanterns!  I should put a candle in them and carry them around!
 In the bedroom I have put these candle holders, there is also a purple wreath, and I did put on Christmas sheets, but I have not gotten a picture of that yet!

When you walk up to our apartment you see this amazing garland and then this DIY Candy Cane Wreath!  I love making my own stuff, especially when it turns out awesome!  Ha ha ha!







There are a few other things that I am going to put up here!  It's some of the DIY projects that I did for the holiday!  Or maybe I will take pics of my decorations at school!

Happy Friday folks and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment