Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Update on life type of post!

So, I haven't written in a few days!  It's a little hard to write on the weekends...especially with how my weekends have been the past couple of days!  As if that makes any sense...the past couple of weeks.  I guess we can play a little catch up on my life...

Military Diet- I ended up losing 2.5LBS.  I was a little sad at first, but then I remembered what they said...it's not always about the weight.  It's also about inches and how you feel!  So, I realized that I felt great and that a pair of pants that I wanted to wear the Monday before the diet...they fit after the diet!!!  Yahoo!!!  So, I wore the pants on Sunday to Church...and then again on Monday!  Ha ha ha...

Beauty and the Beast- It's going great!  The dances are coming along quite well...if only I could get the kids to take it seriously and practice on their own a little.  <sigh> I guess they will work even harder the week of the show.  Only 3 more rehearsals before tech week!!!  That is some crazy stuff!  I will be sad when it's over...but I will also be happy to have those nights back.  For the most part, I think the rehearsal schedule was pretty good...having all of the dances made up and semi taught before the winter break made it easier on me.  The kids are just so young and are feeling it's more fun to socialize than to work.  But that is okay, it will be a good show!

Suessical- Now here are kids who are working hard!  I mean, I'm not going easy on them with the dances...and they are getting it!  It's crazy the drive that these kids who have probably never done a show have for this show!  I hope that I get to work with them again!  They are just awesome!  Plus, we still have a month til this show opens!!!  I'm excited for the family to see this show!

Other news- all of the high school musicals started last week.  I went and saw Legally Blonde at my old High School!  #1 that show is just an amazing show.  With love, happiness, and great music...it's just amazing!!!  #2 the kids were amazing!!!  They sang and acted the show like champs!!!  I mean, it was great!!!  The dancing was the weakest link and I think that was the fault of the choreographer and not the dancers.  My cousins show is this weekend.  He is doing Music Man!  It's not my favorite show, but it's a cute one.  Just don't ever do it twice in 4 months.  That is just not good.  Then I'm going to see Into the Woods!  That show is just awesome, I hope the kids do it justice!  I know the kid playing the main part and he is great...so that is already a great sign!

Curt and I- are doing amazing!!!  On Monday we were texting about how we wished we could see each other.  We were texting for probably 10 min.  He would say, I have a seat open next to me...and I would say I too have a seat open just for you.  Well, it turns out he was downstairs in my living room the whole time while I was upstairs talking to my mom.  Ha ha ha, it was so funny!  After writing it out...it sounds a little creepy...but it wasn't at the time.  It was an awesome surprise for me!!!  A few things I'm trying to plan out- Valentines Day and Curt's Birthday.  <sigh> I will have to keep you updated on both...and hopefully figure something out for both!

Now, I'm back on Day 1 for the diet!  I have been working out at least twice a day for 2 weeks straight!!!  I'm feeling good and for the most part more awake.  I started stretching for my splits and am more determined than ever!  I also feel that with my working out and stretching it will totally be possible!  I will keep you updated and wish I could do some sort of video blog...show progress!  I have been looking up how to splits videos and these gals are already uber flexible or gymnasts or something...so I think it would be neat to see someone progress who is "normal" or not a flexible person.

Okay, I think that is all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment