Friday, January 15, 2016

Laughing at the future...

I sometimes find it funny how God jokes around with us!  I'm not talking in a mean way...but...well let me just share with you!

So, I want to have kids!  I want to move into a bigger place with a garage and a driveway...I want to be debt free!  But then I think about the future and I think we can't afford that stuff.

Yesterday I was thinking about health insurance and day care for my future child that has not been conceived.  And I began to worry about it.  I began to think if it's a good idea to have kids right now...because my job doesn't pay very much and Curt has been at his new job for almost 6 months...and I can't see in our future how we are going to afford this stuff.

We are also looking at moving into a duplex.  The rent would go up about $300, but it is a 3 bedroom with a garage and a driveway...and space to do things!  But then I thought of the future...what if we have a kid?  What if I don't get all of these gigs back?

Then I just flipped the page on my Jesus Calling Daily Calendar...and guess what it says...this is where God is rolling on the floor laughing at me...it says (paraphrasing):
I am always beside you, helping you face today's waves.  The future is a phantom, seeking to spook you.  Laugh at the future!  Stay close to Me.

Ha ha ha, here I am freaking out about the future...and then this calendar page comes up and talks about a sea of problems...and it seems when they are my problems it's hard for me to focus on Him.  But if I'm praying for somebody else's problems...that is easy peasy!

So, here is to God making me laugh!  It happens all the time, but today it really hit me, because things are moving fast!  So, I'm not going to worry about insurance and day care for a non-existent baby!  And I'm not going to think about rent in a duplex that is not ours!  And I'm not going to think about a Graduate program that I have not been admitted too!  Or Curt's higher paying job that he can't apply for yet.

No, I'm going to focus on today!  On today's issues...which are- go eat you are hungry, stay sane, don't go out to dinner...you don't need to spend the money...that is what I can focus on tomorrow!  The long term- totally crazy worrying can wait until the future!

For today, I will laugh at the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment