Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Choreographing

I love choreographing!  I love thinking up creative dances!  I love teaching them to the kids!  I love when the kids finally get a step!  I love when the kids love the dance!

But choreographing is very stressful!  I would say that it does not come naturally too me.  Or maybe it does, after I think about it for a while or after I watch some other dances (to the same song or to a different song).  I want the dance to be great!  To look great!  To have the kids feel great while doing it!  But that is hard!

The hardest part about choreographing is figuring out how to choreograph for those who can't dance!  You have this vision in your head of what the steps are...and how they are done...and a lot of the time they don't match up!

As of right now, I have one show completely choreographed and am 2 dances away from the other show!  It's the best feeling when you are totally done!  I'm looking forward to a month of...stress-less rehearsal!

So, 2 more dances until the beginning of Cinderella in December!  Then it's Full Speed ahead with Cinderella and Aladdin Jr.!

One week until Mulan Jr.
5 weeks until Fiddler on the Roof
18 weeks until Cinderella
21 weeks until Aladdin Jr.
26 weeks until the wedding

That is my countdown for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment