Friday, September 30, 2016

Ummm...the last five years! Or just the past 4 months...

Holy moly, it's been a long time since I wrote last.  Since the middle of May!  So much has happened in my life since then.  I'm not even sure where to begin!

The last 4 months have brought some of the most amazing times and some of the worst times in my life!  I'm going to mention some things very briefly...and then jump in to where I am now.

This summer I officially started my Masters of Art in Teaching.  I passed the three classes that I needed to get into the program.  But, I had to take 2 Praxis tests.  One test was almost 4 hours long and the second test was close to 2 hours.  The tests cost a total of $300!  So, these were tests that I couldn't fail!  Plus, I had to pass them by August 1 or I would be out of the Masters Program.  The problem was, that if I did not pass the tests, I would have to wait 2 weeks to take them again...so that really limited me to when I had to take them!  I took my first test- the Praxis Core (it's Reading, Writing, and Math combined) and I passed it with flying colors.  I have never studied so hard for anything in my life!  The second test was the Speech/Drama test...and I passed it, but only by a little!  Which doesn't bother me at all...a passing grade is a passing grade!  So, that was one more thing to check of my list on the way to getting my Masters in Teaching!

Another great thing that happened, was getting to work on the production of Aida at StageworX!  It is one of my favorite shows and this summer just proved that over and over!  I loved working on it!  The music is amazing, the kids were amazing, and it was just a dream three weeks!  I don't know if I have ever worked with such amazing, dedicated, quite while backstage group of kids.  It really made the show that much more special for me!  Truly one of the favorites that I have ever been a part of!

In perfect theatre fashion, one of the worst tragedy's  mixed with one of the most wonderful things happened this summer.  My sister was due in July with twins.  We found out on June 20th, that she had lost one of the boys, Kristof to be exact.  The type of pain this brought to everyone in our family, is indescribable.  The heartache radiates out- it's pain for myself/husband/sisters/their husbands- on missing their nephew.  Pain for my parents on missing their grandchild.  Most importantly and the hardest heartache is the one for my sister and brother-in-law.  I can't even begin to imagine what they are feeling, all I know is the my heart breaks for them more than anything else!  The good news, if there is good news, is that Kristof is already making his presence known.  He will forever be in our hearts, but he will now be our little raccoon, or a coin we see on the ground...it's not the same, but hopefully these little signs will start to help the healing process.  I could talk about this all day long, but I feel as if it's not my story.  I am a part of the story, but not the main part.  So, talking more about it on here, would make me feel weird.

Now, I'm going to go on to talk about the most wonderful things that also happened this summer, my sister had a wonderful son, named B!!!!  He was so tiny!  I flew out to visit her in July when B was only 5lbs!  I can not tell you enough how small he was!  He was 2 weeks old when I held him for the first time!  And he smiled at me!  Scientist might say that it was just gas...but I know better!  He knew his Aunt Amy was holding him!  He was a wonderful baby who hardly ever cried!  He just laid there and was a beautiful baby!  I got to go to his first Dr. apt and found out that he was eating and growing!  It was such a wonderful week!  My sister and I sat, held B, and watched TV!  I mean, is there a better dream?  After 9 days, I left...and I have not seen him since.  However, the pictures we get or the video's we get are nothing short of amazing! I look at them and watch them over and over.  My sister is flying in with B in 13 days...and guess who gets to pick them up at the airport?!?!?!  ME!!!  And my husband, who is just as excited as I am, because he has not gotten to meet B yet!  Holy cow, I am so excited!  I will get my flu shot at 3pm and then head to the airport to get them! Ahhhhh!

On to the last couple of months...school started back up!  I got "A's" in both of my summer Masters classes!  The final step to getting into the Masters program is that I maintain a 3.0 for the first 12 hours of the program!  6 hours done, 6 more to go!  So far, the classes seem okay.  It's a lot of thinking about what I do and putting it into words.  That is way more difficult than you would think.  I just do what I do...I do not think about it!  So, it takes time to think it through.  My school musical began mid-August and will run through the first week of October.  The high school musical started up early mid-September and will run through mid-November.  I have noticed this year, for the first time that I'm tired.  I have been doing 2 shows in the fall for the last 6 years and it's a lot!  I'm not sure if it's the fact that I don't have anything come January that is making everything seem like a lot!  Or if the fact that I am getting older and more conscience about my time and who I spend it with.  I don't know, maybe I'm getting older...and am just tired.  Anyway, it's hard!

Let's see, the other amazing thing that happened, was that my hubby started working at a middle school.  He is a Para Educator.  It was a bit of a last minute "do you want this job?  You can start tomorrow"!  He interviewed on a Friday and was working that next Monday!  And he loves it!  He at least enjoys it more than any other job he has had!  And it reminded him why he wants to be a teacher!  He started that job, and is now enrolled and attending JCCC working his way towards a teaching degree!  I know the kids have to love him!  He is funny, laid back, and just "cool"!  This week has been crazy since his computer is on the fritz...and it's hard to see him frustrated about it.  But he continues to work hard and work towards something that is for him!  It makes me happy to see him excited about work.

I guess that is all for now, sorry for the super long post!  I hope to get back to writing a bit more than I did this summer!  Okay...bye!










No comments:

Post a Comment