Wednesday, May 18, 2016

It's not personal!

How to not take things personally...

Any clues?  I have none!  I'm lost!  I take everything personally!  I don't know how to not take things personally!  I wonder if some of it is the Pisces sign...ha ha ha.  Okay, so I don't really think that, but it's interesting that a Pisces downfall is their sensitivity!  Ha ha ha!

So, this past year I choreographed 3 shows at the same time.  This was not fun!  I was stressed out and to be honest, I didn't even want to do one of the shows...I was talked into by a friend.  So, it was stressful!  One of the companies I have said no too, and it will be no for a long time.  Another place I said no to, was great, but it was a bit crazy with the schedule.  So, I have said no to all shows after Winter Break!  Except for one.  I hadn't said no, but I had not been asked back yet.  Which wasn't surprising, since this past year I wasn't officially asked until the fall.  So, I was thinking alright, I have cleared my schedule!  I will be able to be at more rehearsals and help out more.

But...
Today I got an email letting me know they went with someone else.  They wanted someone else who could be at rehearsal earlier than 4:15pm.  And unfortunately that was the earliest that I could arrive because of my full time job.  Plus, the school is far, so me getting out at 3:45 does not help!  And the email said she wanted someone who can be their earlier.  Which makes sense.  Plus, I do not know what next year brings!  I know that now, I can relax a little more next year!  Doing 5-6 shows a year is nutty!

And the more I think about it, the more I think not doing anything will be great!  I will have 2 shows in the fall, possibly working on the ballet, taking some classes for the Masters program, the Christmas program, and my sister is getting married!  And who knows, maybe I will be pregnant as well.  So, I might not want to do anything anyway!  

Okay, I feel better!  Sometimes just writing things out makes me feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment