Thursday, March 9, 2017

Wow, this is a long catch up on Amy kind of post!

It has been a bit of a crazy year!  There is so much to talk about!

1.  I'm pregnant!  16.5 weeks as of today!!!  My husband and I are so excited!  It was quite a year, but it all worked out!  We (as in me) started trying last December.  Which means I went off of birth control.  I didn't want to be that "crazy wife", so I didn't tell my husband that I was taking my temperature or that I was following when I was ovulating.  Needless to say...we didn't get pregnant.  I went to a dr. apt in June and the Dr. said, you are doing fine.  Come back and see me in December if you still aren't pregnant.  Wah Wah!  Fast forward to October, Curt and I have a conversation about ovulating and all sorts of pregnancy stuff.  He is totally on board and begins to say every day "Are you ovulating?  Because I am ready to do my part."  Ha ha ha.  What a total guy thing to say!  Anyway, in November we went to visit his family for Thanksgiving.  We had a wonderful time and I was told that we needed to "do it" at my Mother-in-laws house to get pregnant.  I just laughed, but then looked at both my MIL and SIL- they were for real!  Life went on, we came home, celebrated with my sister at her Bachelorette Party and started preparing for my studio's ballet and the church Christmas program.

A week later, my temperature dipped and I started spotting.  I was sad because I thought I was out for the month.  Curt and I were talking about scheduling an appointment in January with a baby dr, just to make sure everything was okay.  The next day, my temperature spiked and the following day it spiked again.  I was so nervous, but also excited.  On the third day of rising temperatures...I woke up at 7am (it was a Saturday) and decided to take a pregnancy test.  My mom was already texting me that morning- so when it showed positive (a very light positive) I said can you come in here.  She must have gotten up very quickly because my dad soon followed her.  I started crying of course and we all hugged.  I didn't want to wake Curt up yet, he had not been sleeping that well lately, So instead I went to the church program rehearsal instead.  Later that day the whole family went out to lunch followed by a trip to Babies R Us!  We had to get a gift for our nephew Bo!  I knew that I was going to tell Curt there as well.  I picked up a girl outfit and a boy outfit.  I went up to him and said "What do you think will work best for our baby?"  He got a bit confused since we were here for Bo, but he looked at the shirts then looked at me.  I repeated the question again emphasizing the OUR BABY part.  And I started tearing up...and he said "Are you for real?  Is this a joke?  Is this for real?"  He couldn't believe it!  He was so excited!  He couldn't wait to tell people!  I told him that I was probably around 3 weeks, so we couldn't really tell anyone yet.  Except for our parents.  My folks were at the store with us and we all hugged again and Curt was so excited- he walked on air for a bit!

I told my sisters/brother-in-laws on December 23rd!  Curt and I both wore shirts with little foot prints on them.  It took a good 3 min for anyone to realize what we were wearing!  The video is pretty funny!  But once they did everyone was so happy!  We were hugging, crying, and then we had to get our nails done for my sisters wedding!  I told the rest of the family on New Years Eve!  We all went around in a circle saying what we were looking forward too in the new year.  I said, finishing my first year of my Masters program...and becoming a mom in August!  Once again there were hugs, tears, and excitement! 

It's starting to become more real each day.  I am starting to show just a bit.  There are a lot of people who are also pregnant with me.  My sister-in-law is 9 weeks ahead of me, one of Curt's groomsmen is 4 weeks behind me, and a friend of mine is one week behind me.  So, it will be fun to have so many babies/new moms to be around.  Of course my biggest source of information is my mom and sisters!  They have been so helpful and amazing through everything so far! 

2. School!  Last summer I started my Masters classes, passed the Core praxis and passed the Speech/Drama praxis.  It was a big deal.  In December I was officially put into the Masters program!  Which means that even if I don't get a 3.0 they can't kick me out!  Yahoo!!!  That being said, I have gotten A's in all of my classes.  In fact I have gotten 98%-100% in all of my classes.  I am working my tail off and it's totally paying off!  Once this school year is over I will have one more year of the program and then I will be able to teach!  And the Winter semester (Jan. '18) I will start student teaching.  So- this next year will be crazy!

3. Curt started working at HMS!  He is a Para and works with the 8th grade students.  He is of course amazing at his job.  The kids love him, the teachers love him, and he loves it as well.  With his other jobs if I asked how was work, he would respond "worky".  Now if you ask him, he talks about the funny things the kids do and how he responds to them.  He is totally in his element and it's amazing to see him grow and become this confident person who knows what he wants to do.  This past fall he also began taking classes at the community college.  It's not always easy, but it makes it a bit easier when you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  He got to help out at the musical and got to work with a lot of great people.  We are hoping this next year that he will get to coach some as well!

Okay,  I think that is all!  I will try to be better at posting.  Spring Break begins tomorrow, so I'm not sure how that will go...but we will figure it out! 

1 comment:

  1. It's time to write your thoughts down before you have this little Skittle! :)

    ReplyDelete