Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Hello Headache...it's been a while...

People, yesterday I said to my husband (who had a headache) that I have not had a headache in a long time.  Not that I was trying to brag to my hubby, but I am a person who gets headaches a lot.  I feel as if I get them every couple of days.  So for me to say that I have not gotten one in a while was a bit crazy.  

So, I went to look it up...and it's been 16 days since my last headache.  Of course today (the day after I comment about my lack of headaches) I get a headache.  But I still take it as a big accomplishment!  
My next thoughts go to...why did I get a headache?
1. I have been drinking a lot of water lately.  I try to do 6-9 glasses a night.  I'm currently on glasses 7-9.  So, I don't think I'm dehydrated.
2. I didn't eat on time.  If I wait to long to eat...then I get a hunger headache.  I was starving when I went to grab my lunch...so that might be the case.
3. The weather is a bit crazy right now...so that might cause a headache.

You want to know what I think?

I think I'm having sugar withdrawals!  Now don't get me wrong....I still had coffee with creamer yesterday- a salted mocha caramel creamer.  Last night I ate a peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwich.  So, it's not like I'm cutting it out cold turkey.  But...I'm not eating cookie dough.  Or candy bars.  Or any type of deliberate sweet.  And I think my body is saying...there is a lot less sugar here than normal.  So...yikes!  It's so hard to not have sweets!  They are my downfall!  But I remember in December having so much extra energy...even though I was working like a mad woman!  So, I'm going to try to refrain...

So, I'm going to blame my headache on my sugar withdrawal!  Ha ha ha!  We will see how tomorrow goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment