Friday, April 15, 2016

Coincidence or a God Thing?

Coincidence or A God Thing?

So, I have a calendar sitting on my desk that has Bible quotes and little inspirational notes...almost like mini lessons....but not really.  Anyway, my parents got these for all of us girls a couple of years ago.  Last year I brought it to school to look at every day.  And I will keep using it, because...well I like reading the messages.  *Sidebar, they got one for each of us 4 girls, but what they didn't realize is that one of them was in Spanish.  So, that was really funny to watch Sarah open on Christmas morning.  It's a good thing she minored in Spanish in college...ha ha ha*

So, it seems that when I'm feeling particularly stressed about something, I flip my calendar to the current date and the message is meant just for me!  This happens more than you know.  One time I was worried about money and I flipped the calendar and it said something about money not being the end all be all.  Ha!

Today I come in to work, and I'm worried about life.  Since I am no longer insanely busy...I now have time to worry about EVERYTHING!  Ha ha ha!  Now I worry normally, but today I was getting frustrated because I'm worried about things that are out of my control!  And I hate not being able to control things in my life...ha ha ha!

Anyway, so I get to work, flip my calendar and it says:

Trust Me, and don't be afraid.  Many things feel out of control.  Your routines are not running smoothly.  You tend to feel more secure when your life is predictable.  Let Me lead you to the rock that is higher than you and your circumstances.  Take refuge in the shelter of My wings, where you are absolutely secure.

When you are shaken out of your comfortable routines, grip My hand tightly and look for growth opportunities.  Instead of bemoaning the loss of your comfort, accept the challenge of something new.  I lead you on from glory to glory, making you fit for My kingdom.  Say yes to the ways I work in your life.  Trush Me, and don't be afraid.

Ha ha ha, just last night I was sitting with my husband thinking...what are we going to do?  We have so much time together...this is new!  And not that I liked never seeing him...but going from seeing him for a few hours a couple times a week...to seeing him every night for 4-5 hours a night...well it's different.  It's new!  It's something that I am having to figure out.  Life right now feels off, feels out of control, and I have not made any new routines yet...so this passage was written just for me today!  

Coincidence or a God thing?  I am going with a God thing!  It makes me feel better that God is here is with me.  That he knows my worries and this little calendar is his way of saying...don't worry, I'm here with you!

Okay...it's back to work for me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment